David Teague | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Teague

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I dunno if he’s any good or not, or what he’ll bring to Richmond, but it’s funny watching PRE’enders go from calling him a dud head coach at the Beyond Blues to being a good get now that he’s at Richmond.

Intrigue With The Teague !!
he was harshly marked. they were an 8-10 win team and tats what he delivered.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Luckily I've got plenty of money and no need to take yours.

I was in the room when Bolton spoke to the players and staff after he was dismissed and it was gut wrenching. Plenty of the boys were in tears. He loved those guys like sons and they loved him. There was no bad blood.

He also went out of his way to encourage Teague and the players to get behind him.

Your theory about Teague's ambition also falls down because John Barker was the senior assistant who was the contingency to take over should the senior coach not be there. It was only after Barker declined the job that Teague was offered it, so he had nothing to gain by trying to debase the coach.
Of course you were in the room
Blah Blah
The internet gives the platform for the ill informed to have there opinion . That’s fine . Good luck with that !

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Blah Blah
The internet gives the platform for the ill informed to have there opinion . That’s fine . Good luck with that !

Its pretty easy to gather from TBR's posts that he has worked in the industry and it seems for both Port and Carlton in recent times. I think thats a given.

You though, just seem to state random opinions.

TBR is easily more believable than any of our ramblings.

The irony of your last line, is that I suspect most on this board, seem to think that applies to you.

Reactions: 12 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Blah Blah
Oh the irony!!! Delicious!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Happy to have a recent senior AFL coach come on board to assist Dimma after losing recent high quality ACs. This experience as the head of a club under heavy pressure on and off the field must make him an even better asset than in his former assistant days. We really need to get our FL and attacking game sorted and sharpened.
Good pick-up for RFC if he can manage that.

Reactions: 6 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Blah Blah

Can’t argue with TBR’s very early insight into how Covid was expected to unfold in clubland. From March of 2020 when most people were thinking it would only be a 1-2 month disruption:

No idea but I'm assuming because they are thinking it could be 18-24 months before normal operations resume.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I was in the room when …….
Blah Blah

Oh no!
Big Stig and The Big Richo at loggerheads. This can only be settled in the traditional way - a duel at 10 paces

Once the umpire drops the hanky they can take aim and fire away ….. name dropping each other till one hits the deck.

But this battle Royale might last for some time

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Oh no!
Big Stig and The Big Richo at loggerheads. This can only be settled in the traditional way - a duel at 10 paces

Once the umpire drops the hanky they can take aim and fire away ….. name dropping each other till one hits the deck.

But this battle Royale might last for some time
My money’s on Stig.
If the umpire drops his hanky and bends over to pick it up, TBR will be a dead man

• Haha

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I know it's Lockdown.
But being 2021 with Zoom and high speed Internet and all is there any fear, ANY FEAR, of getting Teague a coaching staff issued Polo so he can remove (that color that shall remain nameless) one that appears on the website and then have someone set fire to it?
Any fear at all?
Balmey, can he borrow yours? :))

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Happy to have a recent senior AFL coach come on board to assist Dimma after losing recent high quality ACs. This experience as the head of a club under heavy pressure on and off the field must make him an even better asset than in his former assistant days. We really need to get our FL and attacking game sorted and sharpened.
Good pick-up for RFC if he can manage that.
Agreed. Thinking about this last night, David may now be in for the long term. Does five good years as assistant and steps up in the main role when Dimma replaces Balmy.

• Dislike

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Just read on the website that he was Adelaide‘s forward line coach in 2017. They were a very attacking forward line so hopefully he brings some of that. If nothing else, he managed to get something positive out of Josh Jenkins which is no mean feat.

Not Josh’s Grand Final performance though. There is no room for any of that. Ever.

Teague as fwd line coach and Kingsley back to midfield maybe. assuming Kingsley doesn't get a senior job.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Teague as fwd line coach and Kingsley back to midfield maybe. assuming Kingsley doesn't get a senior job.
Yes if only Cartoon go with Voss who has become the hot media tip now Clarko has told the world he is NOT interested for, what seems like, the tenth time!
Unless grabbing Teague is a bad sign of RFC inside knowledge. Really hope not.