David Teague | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Teague

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Dimma, Kingsley and Teague is enough high level brain power. Get the best young coaches to support them.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I dunno if he’s any good or not, or what he’ll bring to Richmond, but it’s funny watching PRE’enders go from calling him a dud head coach at the Beyond Blues to being a good get now that he’s at Richmond.

Intrigue With The Teague !!
Win the flag next year n we might be onto the next new trend in footy. Failed senior coaches make great assistant coaches.
Leppa was an assistant who then became a failed senior coach at Brisvegas then went on to become a highly successful regurgitated assistant for us.
Teaguey was an assistant who then became a failed senior coach at Carlscum, hopefully he goes on to be a highly successful regurgitated assistant for us.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I dunno if he’s any good or not, or what he’ll bring to Richmond, but it’s funny watching PRE’enders go from calling him a dud head coach at the Beyond Blues to being a good get now that he’s at Richmond.

Intrigue With The Teague !!
Many were doing the same thing when Leppa came back while you were on your sabbatical.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Some blokes just don't make good head coaches for whatever reason, but are fantastic in smaller roles.

Teague is very highly rated by Crows players I know that firsthand. So he will help us out immensely.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Some blokes just don't make good head coaches for whatever reason, but are fantastic in smaller roles.

Teague is very highly rated by Crows players I know that firsthand. So he will help us out immensely.

Yeah and the thing he is great at, we sucked at last year. Ball movement and forward movement. Its an area of our game that has massive upside.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'm also wondering if we have offered Tarrant as part of his deal some coaching experience. Would make sense to have someone like him come in and coach the boys whilst playing, freeing Kingsley back to the midfield.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
For those doubting Teague's effect at the club:

Across the first three rounds, Richmond has scored from 40% of its kicks into the forward 50 - ranked No.1 in the competition.

Reactions: 14 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Had the pleasure of hearing Teaguey speak at Club80 tonight.
Very forthright and insightful, and with a wealth of the right experience.
Undoubtedly adds serious footy nous to the coaching box, and is also clearly a quality individual to boot.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Pack some heat into the F50 teaguey, get mrj and Stacky in there , ball coming out too easily with not enough pressure , 61 entries should win you the game

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Pack some heat into the F50 teaguey, get mrj and Stacky in there , ball coming out too easily with not enough pressure , 61 entries should win you the game

Yep, 61 entries should usually win the game.

Except we gave up 65 points from clearance against the Crows which is a league high for any team this year. A ridiculous amount.

The forward entries can definitely improve, but a bigger focus should be more on our midfield and defence.

Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Undoubtedly adds serious footy nous to the coaching box, and is also clearly a quality individual to boot.
Enjoyed him immensely. Won the room over with his humour and candid approach.
Funny buggger

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
What did he say about our current predicament?

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
he was very good

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He couldn't have spoken more highly of Phil Walsh, and thought he would have taken the Crows to premierships. He seemed to skip past Don Pyke when mentioning coaching influences and coaches' attributes.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Yep, 61 entries should usually win the game.

Except we gave up 65 points from clearance against the Crows which is a league high for any team this year. A ridiculous amount.

The forward entries can definitely improve, but a bigger focus should be more on our midfield and defence.

Responsibility starts and ends with the midfield