David Teague | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Teague

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Can't understand how clubs have recruited quality assistant's and we haven't replaced them.The only replacement has been Teague and promoted Clarke within .We loss Rutten ,Blake ,Leppa and McRae that's alot of quality not replaced in my book. People may say the soft cap reduction , but how have other clubs managed to add quality and keep there band together.

Reactions: 1 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Can't understand how clubs have recruited quality assistant's and we haven't replaced them.The only replacement has been Teague and promoted Clarke within .We loss Rutten ,Blake ,Leppa and McRae that's alot of quality not replaced in my book. People may say the soft cap reduction , but how have other clubs managed to add quality and keep there band together.
THeir head coach probably took a pay cut

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Is anyone sure we are using him as forwards coach? Several of the games it appears that Clarke has been the one talking to the forwards groups.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Teague's in charge of ball movement, isn't he? We're electric when we can actually get the footy.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That's what I want to know also.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Teague's in charge of ball movement, isn't he? We're electric when we can actually get the footy.

I think he's done a great job offensively (which is his remit), but much like Carlton it doesn't seem to mesh with what is needed defensively at stoppages.

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
I think he's done a great job offensively (which is his remit), but much like Carlton it doesn't seem to mesh with what is needed defensively at stoppages.
I thought he was appointed as a forward coach, if your saying he's doing a great job offensively, I take offence at that. :ROFLMAO:

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Dimma's divorce is eating into our soft cap.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
It's funny how the COVID lockdown has affected our VFL development allegedly but it's not affecting other sides youth and development. Strange times at Punt Road

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
You can’t blame Teague for players missing 8 shots on goal from 30m out. Or for Aarts playing on when a set shot was the order of the day.

Reactions: 8 users
Feb 25, 2007
No 1 for inside '50s and the 2nd highest scoring team, Teague doing more than ok!

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It's funny how the COVID lockdown has affected our VFL development allegedly but it's not affecting other sides youth and development. Strange times at Punt Road
i know, its a cop out to think kids being in lockdown, only allowed out for an hour a day, or then at one stage not being able to train as full team, or have full team meetings, or be able to play VFL, would effects a youngsters development.
next people will be claiming kids develop at different rates.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
While clubs strive to improve.
We seem to back door ourselves.
Who in there right mind thought Teague would be a good get?
Who's next Watters or Neeld?

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
While clubs strive to improve.
We seem to back door ourselves.
Who in there right mind thought Teague would be a good get?
Who's next Watters or Neeld?
Bit harsh. The style and plan is clearly working.
It's the execution (conversion of opportunities) that is not working, and that is solely on the players.

Reactions: 4 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
It's hard to work out exactly if Teague is part of the problem or not. Execution and wasted opportunities abound but also our bomb it long into forward line and a lack of crumbers and the ease it is taken out with no pressure is to me a bigger problem. Very poor composure bringing it forward also. I think game plan and holding onto leads is biggest problem and this is on head honcho and on field leadership

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Teague isn’t au fait with this end of the season yet. However if Cotch, Dusty, Jack, Prestia and Nank are tuned up right I’m sure he can quickly adapt to the Richmondy way.