Default homepage | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Default homepage

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Anyone know how to change your default homepage? I got a few pop ups before and it seems one of them has gone and set itself as my default homepage. No matter what I do I cant get rid of it, it always go back to the page no matter how many times I try and change it. I've tried internet sweeper, spybot, ad-aware and cwshredder but nothing gets rid of it. Tried opening 'my computer' to see if I could delete whatevers causing it but every time I do the computer freezes, tried right clicking on start and explore that also freezes the computer so does going to settings and clicking on control panel. Anyone have any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated. Thought I'd try here before ringing the computer tech guy and getting him to come and fix it.
Thanks TG

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
On windows 98 you can click on tools then interent options and change it at the top of the box, though I guess that's just the same as using control panel anyway.
Sorry no idea TG.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Thanks rosy but I've tried changing it there and it just keeps changing back. Should have put that I was refering to the 'Use default' button when I said default homepage because that's what has changed. I can click on 'use blank' or 'use current' but it just switches back. I clicked on 'use default' and it's now set to this pop up page. It's supposed to be the homepage that was set when internet explorer was installed. Will I have to delete and reinstall internet explorer? And if so how do I go about it, I know I have an internet explorer disc somewhere but my knowledge ends about there unfortunately :-\

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
TG you have a trojan. What is the webpage it defaults to??
Download spybot search and destroy. Check out my previous thread
http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=5624.0

good luck

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I had tried spy-bot and that didnt work tiga, thanks anyway. Called the technician he took the computer away and fixed it and got rid of a fair few viruses. Now have windows xp instead of 98. Takes a while to get used to though, feel like I've got a whole new computer ha ;D