Demons

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Little bit of mail on the Demons co-captain thing.

The players voted Nathan Jones to be stand alone skipper by a massive majority vote. Unanimous.

Old mate Goody has parachuted Jack Viney in as co-captain much to the players dismay. They don't dislike Jack they just don't think he's ready fro the role yet.

And it's caused a lot discussion internally and an element of discontent.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2011
SCOOP said:

The players voted Nathan Jones to be stand alone skipper by a massive majority vote. Uniramous.

Old mate Goody has parachuted Jack Viney in as co-captain much to the players dismay. They don't dislike Jack they just don't think he's ready fro the role yet.

interesting news there. we have seen many times in the last decade that they were on the rise then fell away dismally (they were the next big thing in '11), could this contribute to it happening again?

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Interesting mail Scoop.

The departure of Roosy will certainly have caused a different set of dynamics in the club. We will soon find out whether for better or worse.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
SCOOP said:

The players voted Nathan Jones to be stand alone skipper by a massive majority vote. Uniramous.

Good news.

I must admit I was surprised by the Viney appointment given Jones has done a great job and arguably should have eben made captain earlier. I wonder if Viney (father or son) agitated for it?

spook

It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue.
Jun 18, 2007
Jack Viney, like a lot at Melbourne, is on very good terms with himself. I love it when these chest-puffers get ahead of themselves.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Why wouldnt they let Natahan Jones skipper the club on his own.

The heart and soul of the joint, a warrior by example and professional.

Viney could be handed the VC role.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
craig said:
Why wouldnt they let Natahan Jones skipper the club on his own.

The heart and soul of the joint, a warrior by example and professional.

Viney could be handed the VC role.
Just on the snippet I saw on the TV Jones didn't look impressed. Explains it now!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
WesternTiger said:
Just on the snippet I saw on the TV Jones didn't look impressed. Explains it now!
Yes, everything I've heard from people speaking on this indicate that Jones is far from happy about this development. Melbourne could even be better than Richmond at shooting themselves in the foot.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Melbourne are great. With them around Richmond will never be the most dysfunctional team in the AFL.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
spook said:
Jack Viney, like a lot at Melbourne, is on very good terms with himself. I love it when these chest-puffers get ahead of themselves.
True words spook. Egos are ballooning at that club and, believe it or not, Watts is one of them.

zgod

Tiger Champion
Feb 25, 2008
Haven't even made the finals and they are strutting about.Hope we destroy them. Hate them.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
zgod said:
Haven't even made the finals and they are strutting about.Hope we destroy them. Hate them.
Going by our recent bad performances against them, we are definitely due for a thrashing win.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-02-01/watts-ready-to-back-up-in-2017

Watts: "We might get beaten some days – of course that’s going to happen in footy, it can’t always go your way but we know that the way we’re playing will stack up and we’re going to play really well.”

What would Goodwin think of that comment?

alexwern

Tiger Rookie
Aug 9, 2009
I hate them too, but they gave us a belting even when they were rubbish, Jones have our captain a lesson in leadership that day also. It would be great if a few of our players played showed the same passion for our club that Viney and Jones show for dees.

It will really give me the sh!ts if they come along and win a final before we do after the rabble they have been.

< GWS | ASADA >