Did we just have an earthquake? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Did we just have an earthquake?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'm in the north. Felt and sounded like the roof was about to collapse.

We probably didn't get it as bad, but sounded like a really strong wind but with a big roar behind it. I got up from the computer thinking a big storm so muted the tv and nothing after that, then thought must have been an earthquake.

Shallow one it seems, currently registered at only 3km deep

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We probably didn't get it as bad, but sounded like a really strong wind but with a big roar behind it. I got up from the computer thinking a big storm so muted the tv and nothing after that, then thought must have been an earthquake.

Shallow one it seems, currently registered at only 3km deep
Are these going to become common on this land? It was only Sept 2021 that the last big one happened. While at work in the office, right near Marvel Stadium and was weird seeing one of the street lamps shake!!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I was dead to the world and it woke me up. I’m in Essendon. So not too far from the epicentre. It was short and sharp, compared to 2021 that must have lasted for 10-15 seconds.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I felt it in the eastern suburbs. Knew what it was as soon as I heard it. Felt like a freight train rumbling past although I live at least 2km from a train line. Memory of the bigger one in 2021 is quite fresh.

This one lasted around 10 seconds.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'm Bayside and I felt it roll throgh for about 5 seconds.

It wasn't long but it was more violent than anything else I've experienced.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I'm Bayside and I felt it roll throgh for about 5 seconds.

It wasn't long but it was more violent than anything else I've experienced.
In my experience it was nowhere near as big as the 2021 quake. At my place that one lasted at least 30 seconds. I remember looking out the window and seeing the windows on the house across the street shake noticeably.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
In my experience it was nowhere near as big as the 2021 quake. At my place that one lasted at least 30 seconds. I remember looking out the window and seeing the windows on the house across the street shake noticeably.
The 2021 was bigger and longer. This one was shorter but louder and closer to northern suburbs where I am. Bloody hell, I was just about to log off and go to sleep and all of a sudden the phone does a loud fire alarm bell while I hear a loud noise outside as if a small plane fell on the house.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
People in Melbourne calling ABC radio saying that they felt an earthquake at about 0004. Then others are saying that at the same time they saw a meteorite, will be interesting what it actually was.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
People in Melbourne calling ABC radio saying that they felt an earthquake at about 0004. Then others are saying that at the same time they saw a meteorite, will be interesting what it actually was.
That was me. Heavy lasagne for dinner earlier.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
ABC says it was a meteor shower.

Reactions: 1 user