Did we just have an earthquake? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Did we just have an earthquake?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Have seen some pictures of shops that lost similar parapet walls onto the street in the older inner-city suburbs. When you stop and look at the overall structure of a parapet wall. A bit fragile. Not made for untoward conditions. We had one of those buildings lose it's parapet onto people standing below, here in Hobart a couple of years ago in high winds.

I wouldn't notice new cracks from old cracks, I live in Richmond ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Quake felt in Dubbo, Sydney, Newcastle ...

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
geez how's the media.... you'd think thousands were killed...

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Our house started swaying, at which point one goes: WTF? Thought a tree must have come down and and hit the house but no noise. By far the biggest earthquake I've felt, then again I live in Melbourne which doesn't really get many.

Does Dan now get to take credit for closing the construction industry safely before a dangerous earthquake put all the building workers in danger? Hero Dan!

DS

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
The biggest Vic earthquake in 50 years will probably be the 'good news' story of the day the way we are going at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
The biggest Vic earthquake in 50 years will probably be the 'good news' story of the day the way we are going at the moment.
The only other one I remember that shook the house I was in badly was in the morning, about 8am in Burwood in 1982. Housed swayed and ran to doorway to stay steady. Was about to leave for school from relos house. Unsure how big that tremor was

edit: just found a link 5.5 but mine was earlier than the time they note. Maybe that was a after shock

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

i reckon none of those bricks in south yarra landing on a babies face is pretty good news

Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

no doubt it'll help suck out some of the oxygen from the "other" major story

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
did someone with a new bose sound system just play the first 15 seconds of the 2017 prelim, Lambert slamming the 1st goal, or was than an earthquake :p

• Love
Reactions: 3 users