Did we just have an earthquake? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Did we just have an earthquake?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Still reported as 6 at the epicentre. Strength was a 4 by the time it reached Melbourne. Think that a 5 would have felt 10 times stronger.

Yep, Richter scale is logarithmic so a 6 is ten times greater than a 5.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I liked Titus O’Reilly’s comment that he fully expects Mt Dandenong to erupt some time today.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Incredible today’s shake was strong as the quake that rocked Newcastle in 1989.

Just lucky the epicentre wasn’t in metro Melbourne.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Son back into his Docklands building after evacuation call.
We had to evacuate the building. Weird experience even watching two light poles near The Dump shake. I thought I was going to have a seizure. I thought this would've come from Moe/Morwell epicentre as they always are. How did Mansfield get this?

• Wow

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We had to evacuate the building. Weird experience even watching two light poles near The Dump shake. I thought I was going to have a seizure. I thought this would've come from Moe/Morwell epicentre as they always are. How did Mansfield get this?
The Victorian Alps are young in a geological sense and have faults running through them.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Did u see the videos at Bulla? i think
Security cameras footage of the slopes

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
What a shame the dump didn't collapse. I know starting an earthquake is an extreme measure to take by RFC management, to ensure we never have to play a home match there again. But you can only tell the AFL non-brains trust so many times that it isn't our home ground, without them listening, before a club needs to take matters into it's own hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
What a shame the dump didn't collapse. I know starting an earthquake is an extreme measure to take by RFC management, to ensure we never have to play a home match there again. But you can only tell the AFL non-brains trust so many times that it isn't our home ground, without them listening, before a club needs to take matters into it's own hands.
True. Isn't it due for a re-construction?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah. 7.8 on the wreckd' em scale is one seriously fat quake. News tonight already running with over 500 dead n the count n clean up is only just starting, gunna be a hell of a mess.
Yep. Happened at 4:00am when most were sleeping and no time to run out. Bloody terrible.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Did anyone else just feel the earthquake just now in Vic?

My house shook (not for long) down here on the peninsula so I guess those of you nearer to the city would have felt it a lot more

Seems like it was north of the city where it hit.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Did anyone else just feel the earthquake just now in Vic?

My house shook (not for long) down here on the peninsula so I guess those of you nearer to the city would have felt it a lot more

Seems like it was north of the city where it hit.
I'm in the north. Felt and sounded like the roof was about to collapse.