Didnt take Robbo very long

percyms

Tiger Superstar
Feb 24, 2008
Hell - it did not take that unbiased, always fair and general nice guy Robbo to jump AGAIN on the Bumbers band wagon and how poor poor poor misunderstood and clean as new born James Hird was always innocent and how the big bad bad AFL should be on all fours begging James to forgive them. What a crock.

Disco

Tiger Superstar
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Most intelligent people take as much notice or give as much credence to what Robbo says as what they would to K. Sheedy

Both are irrelevant in today's game.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
And he calls himself a journalist ... and somehow the Herald Sun appointed him chief football writer.
Go figure that!

Matiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
Don't mind him on 360, quite amusing.

But has shown here what a lightweight journo he is. This decision in no way says Essendon did nothing wrong, just that they don't have enough proof to get a guilty verdict under the law. Poor Robbo doesn't seem to get that.

Between his Essendon goggles and the fact he is kind of an idiot, I didn't really expect anything else

The_General

The wait is over
May 4, 2004
I used to like him when he first got on AFL 360. Then he started to get a huge ego, and it grows every footy season.
Now he's a boorish, inarticulate yobbo.

I was lucky enough to be ****** business class for work, and a woman sat next to me. I found out she was the chief editor for sports for the herald-sun. I told her that she should let some of the air out of his over inflating head, in the nicest possible way I could. She smiled but didn't have much to say. She also said that Essendon (this was before the drugs scandal) sold them the most papers, not Richmond or Collingwood stories, as people tend to either like or hate the latter. More people were ambivalent towards Essendon. I often wonder if that's changed after the doping rubbish.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Classic of a lot of footy jurnos who truly believe they control the game, nothin wrong with opinions ,but Ol Robbo has to be the greatest wannabe in the jurno world

Mac

Tiger Superstar
Sep 16, 2003
The_General said:
I used to like him when he first got on AFL 360. Then he started to get a huge ego, and it grows every footy season.
Now he's a boorish, inarticulate yobbo.

I was lucky enough to be ****** business class for work, and a woman sat next to me. I found out she was the chief editor for sports for the herald-sun. I told her that she should let some of the air out of his over inflating head, in the nicest possible way I could. She smiled but didn't have much to say. She also said that Essendon (this was before the drugs scandal) sold them the most papers, not Richmond or Collingwood stories, as people tend to either like or hate the latter. More people were ambivalent towards Essendon. I often wonder if that's changed after the doping rubbish.
I'm suss on that claim. She was probably just trying to deflate your Blobbo comments. And spoken like she's an Essendon supporter.... it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the chief sports editor for the HUN was an Essendon supporter quite frankly.

I really doubt most people were ambivalent about them even before the scandal. If that logic was true (which I doubt), I would say a team like Hawthorn would sell the most. As sick of Hawthorn as I am, they are still good for seeing them TCB against the hated ones.

The_General

The wait is over
May 4, 2004
Be as Suss as you like. We talked about who sold the most papers, well before I made the comment about Robbo. Why on earth would someone just start telling lies (ie how would it hurt them, what's their motivation for doing so) about who gave them best sales?

She didn't barrack for the Dons either, not that it's relevant (I'm not going to say who though, as some new pile of crap will start about see, herald-sun likes team y more). Sometimes people talk about their business\work with a degree of professionalism, particularly when there may be something in it for them.

At the time I said it, Robbo wasn't chief of footy, mike Sheehan was.

Mac

Tiger Superstar
Sep 16, 2003
Hey no probs....I was doubting her, not you.... you've given more context, I back down. All good!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Mark Robbo Robinson, tell me if I'm wrong but is Robbo the loud mouth ,know it all, pissed idiot, who he believes could have been anything but wasn't, that's always down the end of every bar in Australia that everybody try's to avoid? Or is Robbo a decent bloke ?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
CC TIGER said:
Mark Robbo Robinson, tell me if I'm wrong but is Robbo the loud mouth ,know it all, p!ssed idiot, who he believes could have been anything but wasn't, that's always down the end of every bar in Australia that everybody try's to avoid? Or is Robbo a decent bloke ?

https://twitter.com/robopls/status/597272264627781632

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
CC TIGER said:
Mark Robbo Robinson, tell me if I'm wrong but is Robbo the loud mouth ,know it all, p!ssed idiot, who he believes could have been anything but wasn't, that's always down the end of every bar in Australia that everybody try's to avoid? Or is Robbo a decent bloke ?
The first part, I have it on good authority that this is definitely the case.