• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

Didnt take Robbo very long

JimJessTorp

Tiger Superstar
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Site that shall not be named now reporting that the AFL have dug deep into the dodgy AFL House fridge veggie crisper and found a limp lettuce leaf. They are asking him for a "please explain" whatever TF that means.

larabee

#11!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Many have been asking Blobbo to please explain for a long time. Don't fancy Gill Jong Un's chances of getting a coherent response. They might need a please explain of his please explain

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
larabee said:
Many have been asking Blobbo to please explain for a long time. Don't fancy Gill Jong Un's chances of getting a coherent response. They might need a please explain of his please explain

:hihi :hihi :hihi

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
There's just something i love about Robbo when he blows his top.

It's like watching a kid who's been told no.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
se7en said:
There's just something i love about Robbo when he blows his top.

It's like watching a kid who's been told no.
Bet he regrets toeing the AFL line about booing. But he's wrong to claim a free kick should've been paid against Rampe. Rules clearly state a free is only for intentionally shaking the post.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Bet he regrets toeing the AFL line about booing. But he's wrong to claim a free kick should've been paid against Rampe. Rules clearly state a free is only for intentionally shaking the post.
Rampe wasn't intentionally doing it?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
IanG said:
Rampe wasn't intentionally doing it?
No, he was climbing the post. That it shook was incidental.

In the 1980's there was a brief fad involving players shaking the goalpost to put off opponents shooting for goal, so they had a crackdown and actually made it a reportable offence. Even Michael Roach got booked for it, and a fairer player you wouldn't see. (He was found not guilty.)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
In the 1980's there was a brief fad involving players shaking the goalpost to put off opponents shooting for goal, so they had a crackdown and actually made it a reportable offence. Even Michael Roach got booked for it, and a fairer player you wouldn't see. (He was found not guilty.)
There's the biggest problem with the imbeciles at AFL H.Q. What the **** is the point of having rules if you are then going to blatantly ignore the rules you have, or worse change them after the event?
They have all these experts to oversee the game and invent rules to stop the coaches and players cheating on the rules. They pay umpires and the umpiring dept. **** loads each year to train in and adjudicate these rules so that everything about the game is above board and squeaky clean.
Then they turn around n go **** nah nothing to see here we only have all this **** as a sort of vague rule of thumb guide line as to what we might sort of want you to play by. Might as well chuck all the bull **** in the bin n go back to Captains call n anything goes just as long as you sort of don't almost kill someone in the process.

spook

It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue.
Jun 18, 2007
JimJessTorp said:
Site that shall not be named now reporting that the AFL have dug deep into the dodgy AFL House fridge veggie crisper and found a limp lettuce leaf. They are asking him for a "please explain" whatever TF that means.
That the AFL even dares to think it has the authority to ask a journalist for a please explain shows how much control they have over a compliant media. Robinson should tell them to go **** themselves. A less powerful journo would have his accreditation stripped, but he's the head honcho at the footy paper, they can't touch him. They'll just get Gerald to chide him on tonight's 360.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
If it wasn't against the Bummers or if the Bummers had won, I'll guarantee Blobbo wouldn't have even thought about penalising Rampe.

E

easy_tiger

Mac said:
Technicality.

What he said was not derogatory because there's nothing wrong with talking like a little girl.

Same if he had have said, "you sound gay" because there's nothing wrong with sounding gay.

On the other hand, if he said "you sound like Nick Dal Santo", that is clearly vilification and he'd get a few weeks.
;D

The ump was projecting his voice like a small introverted child.

the gender was probably irrelevant, but Rampe stuck it in, and im fine with it.

having said that, the AFL will probably fine him $10 grand and make him teach kinder wearing giant hearing aids, at a girls school for a month.

Whilst making Gary Jr.'s opponents wear padded water polo helmets in order to protect his elbows.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
easy said:
;D

The ump was projecting his voice like a small introverted child.

the gender was probably irrelevant, but Rampe stuck it in, and im fine with it.

having said that, the AFL will probably fine him $10 grand and make him teach kinder wearing giant hearing aids, at a girls school for a month.

Whilst making Gary Jr.'s opponents wear padded water polo helmets in order to protect his elbows.
Rampe Fine
Gross Revenue $10,000
less Coca Cola benefit $ 1,000
less Buddy levy $ 500
Net $ 8,500

spook

It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue.
Jun 18, 2007
TigerForce said:
If it wasn't against the Bummers or if the Bummers had won, I'll guarantee Blobbo wouldn't have even thought about penalising Rampe.
Yep, would have laughed it off.

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
TigerMasochist said:
There's the biggest problem with the imbeciles at AFL H.Q. What the *smile* is the point of having rules if you are then going to blatantly ignore the rules you have, or worse change them after the event?
They have all these experts to oversee the game and invent rules to stop the coaches and players cheating on the rules. They pay umpires and the umpiring dept. sh!t loads each year to train in and adjudicate these rules so that everything about the game is above board and squeaky clean.
Then they turn around n go *smile* nah nothing to see here we only have all this sh!t as a sort of vague rule of thumb guide line as to what we might sort of want you to play by. Might as well chuck all the bull sh!t in the bin n go back to Captains call n anything goes just as long as you sort of don't almost kill someone in the process.
Are you still drinking?

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
TigerMasochist said:
Bloody amazed that someone has finally had a lash at the AFL. Shocked that it was Blobbo, but I'll take it. His likes n dislikes in today' Hun has given Polo McGillon a righteous serve. FINALLY, should be happening every week, but at least it's a start.
He said the decision cost them the game. No, Essendon's shitness cost them the game. Dodo's like Smith & Stringer cost them the game.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
MD Jazz said:
Are you still drinking?
Only a little bit and slowly. It's my rdo today n I have to go to work tomorrow so I can't get too untidy they might random me.

I take it you're happy with the way H.Q runs the game.

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
spook said:
Yep, would have laughed it off.
Would have been all about "just a bit of fun..".."lets not get to vanilla.." "football is an emotional game.." blah blah..

He is such an ordinary Journo its shocking..how does someone with that inability to string a sentence together get a job ?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just watched Scott v Robbo from last nights show.

Am I missing something? Scott arguing that because when Ablett “bumper barred” the North player he “accidentally” got him high but he shouldn’t be suspended. It doesn’t matter if it’s accidental does it?

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:
Just watched Scott v Robbo from last nights show.

Am I missing something? Scott arguing that because when Ablett “bumper barred” the North player he “accidentally” got him high but he shouldn’t be suspended. It doesn’t matter if it’s accidental does it?

An elbow to the head is ok, especially if applied by GAblett of Fyfe, but don't dare have an accidental head clash, that's a disgraceful act & should be punished.

The AFL is a "smiling" joke.