Dinner with Flea and Disco | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dinner with Flea and Disco

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Great post did they mention Maurice Rioli much.
No worries Daniel. Not much discussion about Maurice, as the focus was more on the 1980 side, but there was a brief comparison with Dusty, which Disco said was there a little.

Reactions: 1 user

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
@Ossie I thought you might like to know I spent some time with someone in their final days of an unwinnable battle with cancer today.

It came up that he was a Richmond person and we had a good chat about the club, and by and by a mutual love of Dale Weightman came up.

I read your post to him and he shed a few tears and thanked me profusely. You made his day.
Wow, first and foremost TBR, I am very sorry to hear of this person's battle. I am truly humbled that my post brought some good memories for him. I think our universal love for the Tiges stays with us forever. I am sure being a Flea fan, he would have enjoyed the stories. Thanks again for relaying this message, it means a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
He sure was. Before taggers, but Flea had the perfect tag-prevention strategy. I hope Flea wouldnt mind me saying Him and deisel williams shared that special flavour of tough.

Flea used to make me walk taller at school the day after State of Origin.
Flea told the story of how he was recruited after playing under the coaching of Barry Knights, Matty's dad. As the Mildura Imperials had a lot of onballers, Barry asked Flea to play centre half forward. The plan was to kick the ball out in front of Flea and let him run onto the ball. This worked well, as he kicked over 120 goals for the season. Alan Schwab spotted Flea playing and went back to GR and said "I think we have found a player." GR asked what position he played and Schwabby said he plays CHF. GR thinks great, we have found Royce's replacement. Schwabby says the only problem is he is only 5' 7"!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users