Disrespected sports people | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Disrespected sports people

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Pretty ordinary subject , however just chatting to a few lads at work and not one is a fan of David Warner , got me thinking who are Aussie sports people we don’t like ?

Warner is my number 1 by a long long way Tomic is 2 though he really has become irrelevant, Day I lose respect for more an more and not a huge fan of Steve Smith, Liz Cambage.... can I count Kane Cornes:mhihi

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Pretty ordinary subject , however just chatting to a few lads at work and not one is a fan of David Warner , got me thinking who are Aussie sports people we don’t like ?

Warner is my number 1 by a long long way Tomic is 2 though he really has become irrelevant, Day I lose respect for more an more and not a huge fan of Steve Smith, Liz Cambage.... can I count Kane Cornes:mhihi
You can include Kane Cornes, if I can I count Gary Lyon :))
Number one for me is Phil Mickelson, Tomic a close second.

Reactions: 1 user

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Lance Armstrong
Flo jo
Marion Jones
Renata Stetcher - or more accurately the E German coaches. Raelene Boyle would be rightly remembered at the same level as Betty Cuthbert and Marjorie Jackson had Track & Field been clean in the 70s.

So for me cheats are far worse than dickheads

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Wayne Carey. Sooked and whinged to umps, staged. Sniped. Then there was all the off field stuff. I feel a bit sorry for him with his *smile* dad, and undisputed champion. But I hated him.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I'm pleased every time Serena Williams is beaten in a major, though I might relent if she could convince a certain fellow Jehovah's Witness to return to his true calling...

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I'm pleased every time Serena Williams is beaten in a major, though I might relent if she could convince a certain fellow Jehovah's Witness to return to his true calling...
I’ve never liked Serena, and I still find it hard to believe that people now give her a pass after threatening to shove a ball down a linesperson’s throat when she got a call she didn’t like.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Better chuck in the world's greatest ever golfer and while we're at it, how's about his looney toon son's best buddy the Trumpster..... allegedly been known to get his sums wrong!
(Yeah, I know he's not technically a sportsman. .... but he plays an awful lot of ******* golf for an extremely busy man!)

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Most Saturdays there's a jockey I disrespect.

I know its supposed to be Aussies but most disrespected that popped into my head ATM was Novak Jokavitch (sp.)

He only ever gets injured or ill when hes down 2 sets.

Footy? haven't got much respect for Mason Cox for obvious reasons.

On a positive note, my favourite/most respected non-tigers would be Charlie Cameron, Nick Reiwoldt and Jeremy McGovern.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Never a big Steve Waugh fan, or Ricky Ponting. Both a bit too me me me for mine.
Thought Steve Waugh was a selfish batsman, more concerned with his own record & legacy, time and again sacrificed the tail, batting for the not out.
Ponting just seems like a smug, entitled prick.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Never a big Steve Waugh fan, or Ricky Ponting. Both a bit too me me me for mine.
Though Steve Waugh was a selfish batsman, more concerned with his own record & legacy, time and again sacrificed the tail, batting for the not out.
Ponting just seems like a smug, entitled prick.
Punter? Geez...

Sure you don't mean Shane Everywhere Warne?