Disrespected sports people | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Disrespected sports people

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Sebastian Vettel
Lleyton Hewitt
The Fed. I really don’t like that whiny face of his.

Sports people I love:
Andre Agassi, the greatest return of serve i’ve ever seen, great to watch.
Lydia Lassila, probably the greatest Australian aerial skier but also a great human being. Loved her rebuke at James Magnussan who said the Winter Olympics wasn’t a serious event. She replies ‘if James was asked to do aerial skiing he’d go sit in a corner and cry’.
Love her on Survivor as well

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I met him for the first time at a function last year. Lovely, polite, friendly fella.

He also did a Q and A and was asked about the 'saga'. Gave the best answer I've heard anyone give on it the whole time, the sort of answer that would help people understand the situation much more clearly than they do now.

I asked him afterwards why he has never said that in public and he just smiled. My take is he is too classy a guy to drop people in it in public.

Not doubting he is a nice guy as plenty have said but the fact is he was also the Captain in charge of a group of young men who were part of a secretive, systematic doping program. Those Essendon players lost my respect when they hid their injections from officials, non more so than the captain. We forgive but don’t forget.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Great thread...

Greg Chappell hit on my mum once so he gets a vote. it was well after he'd retired too ..
Had a mate 30 odd years ago who thought he was going to get lucky at a bar until Greg Chappell sleazed his way onto the scene and took her home.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Sports people I love:
Andre Agassi, the greatest return of serve i’ve ever seen, great to watch.

Agassi is one of my sporting heroes as well. One of the great sporting reads is his biography.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It was remiss of me not to mention Anthony Mundine. Talented sportsman, but plenty of what he says is unhinged. Recently claimed the coronavirus is a conspiracy to vaccinate us against our will.

No respect.

Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Dangerfield? Apart from jealousy, what is the problem here? Is he really disrespected, or just disliked? Big difference.

Can only speak for myself. .... so the way I view Dangerfield may not be shared by others. Firstly, I'd say if he played for us we'd probably all love him and as he doesn't, well, we don't!

There's the ongoing narrative in comparing him to Dusty and I think because most of us blokes on here have a man crush on Dusty. .... everything associated with Dangerfield is the polar opposite.
From the outside looking in Dusty appears to be the ultimate team first person whereas PD comes across as it being all about him.
For all I know he might be a ripper of a bloke!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Lydia Lassila, probably the greatest Australian aerial skier but also a great human being. Loved her rebuke at James Magnussan who said the Winter Olympics wasn’t a serious event. She replies ‘if James was asked to do aerial skiing he’d go sit in a corner and cry’.
Love her on Survivor as well

:rotfl2 Well done Lydia she's a ripper.

James Magnussen is a dipshit. And he choked. The Missile :rolleyes:

He opens himself up to ridicule by saying stupid *smile* like that. Ask every Northerm Hempishere country how seriously they regard the Winter Olympics.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
good thread.

first one that comes to mind is Anthony Mundine. second one that comes to mind is David Warner.

as for footy, Sellwood easily. when he retires, he won't be remembered for his achievements as a footballer. and he only has himself to blame.

As for the world game, its Bruno Fornaroli... or as I like to call him, Fall n Rolli.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I feel like some of this **** is so shallow. Dangerfield? Apart from jealousy, what is the problem here? Is he really disrespected, or just disliked? Big difference.

No jealousy at all. He's elevated himself to some god like status. Yet on the field he's a diver, stays down for too long trying to milk a free. Likes to start some niggle if he thinks he's stringer but cowards away when he finds himself in a real fight. He's selfish on the field and it's more about Danger and his brand than anything else.

As the AFL Players president he's quick to demand shorter matches, less matches because the players need the rest, then spins and is the AFLX spokesperson.

Simple, the guy is a *smile* and I have no respect for him at all.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Agassi is one of my sporting heroes as well. One of the great sporting reads is his biography.
Didn't like him with that fake long hair as he was a bit of a show-off, but liked him better when he started to mature as a baldy.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Didn't like him with that fake long hair as he was a bit of a show-off, but liked him better when he started to mature as a baldy.
Easy Tiger , fake hair , I’ll have you know I got mistaken for Andre many times with my long flowing locks back in the day :))

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Easy Tiger , fake hair , I’ll have you know I got mistaken for Andre many times with my long flowing locks back in the day :))
Those were the days. I rocked up to many games at the G with my Geoff Raines-type bouffant.....until it receded to a plain looking Chaffey-type skinhead. :))

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Had a mate 30 odd years ago who thought he was going to get lucky at a bar until Greg Chappell sleazed his way onto the scene and took her home.
operative word there TM is "sleazed" ...

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I feel like some of this **** is so shallow. Dangerfield? Apart from jealousy, what is the problem here? Is he really disrespected, or just disliked? Big difference.

Agree huts. Personally he gives me the *smile* but he's a bit different to the likes of Mundine, Kyrgios, Tomic for mine.

I can see how you can dislike the Fed but how do you disrespect him?