Does anyone know how to..... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Does anyone know how to.....

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Does anyone know how to....

1. Screen dump what's on the computer screen to the printer or better still a file. I want to save an image which takes up the whole screen but I can't get access to the actual image file as it's contained within a .dat file of a computer game.

2. Extract a freeze frame image (say jpeg, gif, whatever) from a MPEG movie file.

Cheers in advance, MT.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Dont know much about pcs myself but a program called ACDSee may be a handy tool for such things.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
MT - Quicktime Pro allows you to save single images from a movie or whatever:

With QuickTime Pro, you can export a single frame from a movie as an image file, then use the image for other purposes.

Move the playhead to the frame you want to export. Choose Export from the File menu, then choose "Movie to Picture" from the Export pop-up menu.

You can also export every frame from the movie as a series of images by choosing "Movie to Image Sequence" from the Export pop-up menu.

On a Mac, you can also take a screen shot of whatever is on your screen at any time. I've forgotten the command but it's pretty straight forward. I'd be surprised if you couldn't do something similar in a PC.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Cheers and thanks, Deano. It would be great if you can do that on a PC. I'll look into it.