Domestic Air Travel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Domestic Air Travel

Which company do you fly with most often?

• Tiger

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Qantas

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Virgin

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

collector

Tiger Rookie
Feb 1, 2010
I'm a Virgin groupie, come from an old Ansett family so have an aversion to flying on anything Qantas branded ;D

The one time I flew Jetstar, plane got delayed more than two and a half hours (We barely made the bounce at the SCG) and being at Avalon - Was pretty much stuck with doing nothing but getting an early start to the nights festivities :beer :police:

Haven't yet tried Tiger, though given they are backed by Singapore, would definitly give them a shot.

Streak, since when are Qantas our national airline?! Privately owned and would find life a hell of a lot tougher if not protected by the government (on both sides of the aisle)

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
collector said:
Streak, since when are Qantas our national airline?! Privately owned and would find life a hell of a lot tougher if not protected by the government (on both sides of the aisle)

Exactly, protected by the Government. They were our National airline, and quite frankly, though the Govt. sold them, the level of Govt. support they receive makes them such in my eyes.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
B1 and B2 said:
Have you watched "Airport" the last couple of weeks Rosy??

If you watched it you would never fly Tiger.

Watched Airways for the first time last night and didn't see it as a big deal.
Reckon you could put a 'highlights' package like that together for every carrier.
Good exposure for the Tiger Airways brand though.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Reckon you could put a 'highlights' package like that together for every carrier.
Agree

B1 and B2

Richo & The Twins
Mar 6, 2007
Tigers of Old said:

Last nights was quite tame compared to previous weeks in making Tiger look stupid.
But yes you could do that for all airlines no doubt.

B1

collector

Tiger Rookie
Feb 1, 2010
Streak said:
Exactly, protected by the Government. They were our National airline, and quite frankly, though the Govt. sold them, the level of Govt. support they receive makes them such in my eyes.

Only protected for political reasons though.

Funny thing is, if Singapore had been allowed in (By themselves or as owners of Ansett), we'd (As consumers) be a hell of a lot better off now.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
bump.

i just purchased flights to Cairns in August in anticipation of state borders re-opening. Am i stupid taking the risk? I couldn't turn $79 return and Jetstar have a policy of "1 free flight change" up until October 31.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
bump.

i just purchased flights to Cairns in August in anticipation of state borders re-opening. Am i stupid taking the risk? I couldn't turn $79 return and Jetstar have a policy of "1 free flight change" up until October 31.
Worth the risk.

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
bump.

Looking like a big risk now. But hopefully by October it won’t be issue so you can do the flight change.