Draft Choices The Way To Go | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft Choices The Way To Go

R

rampagingtiger

Now that Carlton have officially stated there priority pick will be on the market the club needs to try and orchestrate deals to try and get 1 pick from the bulldogs, Carltons priority pick and keep our first pick. That would see us get picks 2,3 and 7. thats not a bad way to start resurrecting the club.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
As i posted elsewhere PAGAN is saying he is looking for an established midfielder.

The solution, offer them BOWDEN for their first pick.

PAGAN's call for midfielders would also suggest one of two things, either HULME wont be traded or PAGAN doesn't rate him as a midfielder. If that is the case why would we want him?????????

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Better still keep Joel and get Pagan to get the best out of him.

Vote 1 Denis Pagan ;D

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
rampagingtiger said:
the club needs to try and orchestrate deals to try and get 1 pick from the bulldogs, Carltons priority pick and keep our first pick. That would see us get picks 2,3 and 7. thats not a bad way to start resurrecting the club.

Well said RT. We need to get as many high choice first round drafts picks as possible if we seriously want to build a high quality list.

Agree with Gus - Bowden for Carlton's priority draft pick would be a good start in that direction.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
rosy3 said:
Better still keep Joel and get Pagan to get the best out of him.

Vote 1 Denis Pagan ;D

Rosy Please stop this.

I was going to post exactly the same thing then thought better of posting my fantasies on a family forum hah.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I couldn't see Pagan touching Bowden with a 10 ft pole. We'll have to offload him at Geelong who have a history of trading of has-beens.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
I would be very surprised if Pagan gambled with Carltons only draft pick inside the top 25 on Joel Bowden. Even though Pagan can turn a man around, I don't think Joel Bowden can turn Carlton around. They have a far worse list than Richmond.

As for getting picks 2 and 3, the only way I think we would ever get those picks is if we traded Coughlan and Ottens. And those two for mine are untouchable.

I can't see which other players Carlton and the Bulldogs would be interested in from our list for those high quality picks?

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Bulldogs amybe interested in a player like HOLLAND who could play forward or back and they are desperate for height.

Don't know if they would be prepared to trade their 1st or 2nd pick for him though

We would probably find we would end up having to pay some of his over inflated salary as well if the rumours are true.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
There is no way known that the bulldogs are going to trade their priority pick or their first round draft pick for Ben Holland.

He is far too slow and cumbersome after his knee reconctruction to give up a top 5 draft pick for. The Bulldogs might be interested in him because yes they do need height but lets be realistic, they will offer their 3rd or their 4th round pick for him - not their priority or first round choice.

R

rampagingtiger

i reckon that carlton would go for bowden if it included one or two other fringe players, like Hilton and Biddiscombe~ Pagan will chase getting depth, and if he got a hold of Bowden, Bowden would be a star because Pagans a great coach. Then we'll all complain that the club let him go...but for our future we need to get early picks and Carlton are so desperate they may go for a deal. The Bulldogs will be more difficult, Holland after what he did to them maybe someone there interested in but again we'll need to offer up more than Holland to get and early pick, a Holland, Hall and Rodan for a Bulldogs first pick may just do it.