DRAFT DAY! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DRAFT DAY!

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
IrockZ said:
great draft for richmond

cotchin we all knew is quality, rance is the big-bodied KPP we needed and putt is a very athletic ruck with good skills - like scoop said i would have taken this crop before the draft in a heartbeat

add m morton also who is another good talent, mcmahon still massive questions marks imo

psd to come and also another 4 rookies so we should get a few more decent players hopefully
Geez Rocky whats happening around here mate? We got quality players, players we desperately needed (and wished we could get) everyone happy who we got, (wait until dud, picked the wrong one again, etc appear) does that mean our recruiters FJ et al have some idea after all. ;D
Damn good job, lets see what's in store in psd and rookie drafts, hopefully it continues

aysterns

Tiger Cub
Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
Awesome drafting. I would've been devastated if we didn't get Cotchin, Rance is an absolute steal, and Putt-Putt will hopefully develop into the ruckman we desperately need. On top of a good trading week and a $1mil profit announcement things aren't looking too bad for next year.

Oh, and I love the Tool quote Zoso!

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
well - as I was driving down the highway to Geelong with my Blues flatmate and listening to SEN, I nearly cried when we got Cotchins and then Rance then like everyone wished for - a big defender in Putt. Still some of you are not happy but then again, I wouldnt expect more. No matter who we picked there would always be someone picking fault and always someone better we should have taken. Just cant please some!

We got what we needed and got class to add to our list. I could not be happier. We still have more picks to go too so more talent to add. Boy, had you told me the outcome yesterday I woul never have believed you. I am thinking we should be very very happy with our new guys - welcome to the Tigers! :gotigers

Oh, and my Blues flatmate seemed quiet after the Blues selection and when questioned he said that although Krueser was good, he was jealous a little of our picks. Maybe a little annoyed at the fanfare from me for Cotchin going to us! His jealousy has some value for me! ;D

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
tigerlee said:
well - as I was driving down the highway to Geelong with my Blues flatmate and listening to SEN, I nearly cried when we got Cotchins and then Rance then like everyone wished for - a big defender in Putt. Still some of you are not happy but then again, I wouldnt expect more. No matter who we picked there would always be someone picking fault and always someone better we should have taken. Just cant please some!

We got what we needed and got class to add to our list. I could not be happier. We still have more picks to go too so more talent to add. Boy, had you told me the outcome yesterday I woul never have believed you. I am thinking we should be very very happy with our new guys - welcome to the Tigers! :gotigers

Oh, and my Blues flatmate seemed quiet after the Blues selection and when questioned he said that although Krueser was good, he was jealous a little of our picks. Maybe a little annoyed at the fanfare from me for Cotchin going to us! His jealousy has some value for me! ;D
Try not to gloat too much Lee ;D
Scum got kreuzer,judd,....browne (179.8cms 74.7kg) and armfield (181cms 77.6kgs)
judd=masten,notte and kennedy ::)
RFC got M.Morton, McMahon, Cotchin, Rance and Putt ;D
I reckon we did pretty well ;D
$1m+ profit (no handouts from afl) ;D....scum still getting handouts and owe afl $2.5m :'(

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yep - Good draft for the TIges.

Rance at 18 is a steal IMO. Big, solid, quick, tight and good skills. But what I like most is his agility. Spoils, goes to ground and for a big man is very quick to get to his feet and sweep up. Perfect assistant to Thursfield.

In effect we got the best midfielder and best key back.

Putt at 202 cm is exactly what we needed at 51.

Now, we MUST GET MCGINNITY IN THE PSD.

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield
Well done Tigers
At this stage looks like addressing needs with hard nosed onballer, key defender and ruck.
Hopefully this means no Richards with 4 rucks and hopefully 1 ookie uck to come in.
Without knowing the talent some possible options in PSD and perhaps pick 1 in ookie draft in Gourdis, Arowsmith, Gaertner. Hopefully we invite them ove fo next few weeks with the possibility of 1PSD spot and 4 rookies we are ight in that mix.

Well done also to guy from our cricket club Easton Wood on being selected, went in as a bit of a smokie.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Harry said:

Rance at 18 is a steal IMO. Big, solid, quick, tight and good skills. But what I like most is his agility. Spoils, goes to ground and for a big man is very quick to get to his feet and sweep up. Perfect assistant to Thursfield.

Can you help out with his profile etc Harry? Its probably in here somewhere but maybe quicker from you, ta mate ;)

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
Harry said:

Or Gourdis, a kid would be a good result though

are non drafted players allowed to join training so we can put them through their paces?

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
willo said:
Try not to gloat too much Lee ;D
Scum got kreuzer,judd,....browne (179.8cms 74.7kg) and armfield (181cms 77.6kgs)
judd=masten,notte and kennedy ::)
RFC got M.Morton, McMahon, Cotchin, Rance and Putt ;D
I reckon we did pretty well ;D
$1m+ profit (no handouts from afl) ;D....scum still getting handouts nd owe afl $2.5m :'(

yep willo - I will try not to gloat, but that may be hard as I really think we did extremely well, and with McMahon and Morton as well we have a bright future. I'm one happy girl today and so ready for 2008 and the Tiger improvement! The Blues did okay with Krueser and Judd but two men dont maketh a team and Krueser is a few years off the mark which only leaves Judd - one man certainly dont maketh a team - they are screwed IMO. My dad alwasys said - dont put all your eggs in one basket and I think the Blues have. There team will not improve all that much in 2008 - ours will I can feel it :boldyellow :boldyellow :boldyellow

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Col.W.Kurtz said:
Or Gourdis, a kid would be a good result though

are non drafted players allowed to join training so we can put them through their paces?

I'd rather McGinnity. Made the U18 AA tam and along with Masten and Rich tore the other states apart in the middle.

Amazed he didn't get picked up.

Just do it Tiges. Hard inside on-baller.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Harry said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What about your man crush?

What about Guy?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
The interviewed the Lobbe on SEN.

Asked about his girlfriend, said she was disappointed but he would still be calling her everyday.

From the tone of his voice though, I reckon she better start looking around, because it didn't sound too good for her (me gets the feeling if its footy or her, her butt will be hitting the curb).

The unseen cost of draft day, dumped footy club chicks  :rofl

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
Harry said:
I'd rather McGinnity. Made the U18 AA tam and along with Masten and Rich tore the other states apart in the middle.

Amazed he didn't get picked up.

Just do it Tiges. Hard inside on-baller.

I'd be happy with either, just someone to get excited about, anyone but Guy basically.

Just get the juices flowing about Gourdis [insert comment here about highlight reel drafting]

mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_afl1/OnDemand/Preseason08/davidgourdis.wmv

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
evo said:
Selwood would've been superb at #19.

It's the only beef I have with this entire draft by Richmond.

11 year Selwood >6 year McMahon.

Yep, me too. Selwood on the board at 19 gobsmacked me. That fact that Gellong passed on him gobsmacks me.

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Tiger74 said:
The interviewed the Ear Lobie on SEN.

Asked about his girlfriend, said she was disappointed but he would still be calling her everyday.

From the tone of his voice though, I reckon she better start looking around, because it didn't sound too good for her (me gets the feeling if its footy or her, her butt will be hitting the curb).

The unseen cost of draft day, dumped footy clb chicks :rofl
??? huh?