DRAFT DAY! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DRAFT DAY!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just looking at some of the other clubs.

I think Hawthorn cleary think they are in premiership mode and are capable of winning it in 2008. The Hawks still need a big bodied defender and at 12 Rance was sitting there. But they took Rioli, who had his tyres pumped up massively around the carnival and some inflated bags of goals helped his cause. But Rioli is a finisher, same with Dew, will have to lose 15kgs to get back to his normal rotund size. I think they went for wants instead of best available. I think they have jumped the gun just a tad to early by not taking Rance.

Also think Geelong had a odd bunch. Harry Taylor will be ready made at with good size and pace it is a risk the Cats can afford to take. The Catters took quite a few project types. Suppose they see there list as having enough home grown growth to cover it for the coming years and far enough.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
SCOOP said:

I think Hawthorn cleary think they are in premiership mode and are capable of winning it in 2008. The Hawks still need a big bodied defender and at 12 Rance was sitting there. But they took Rioli, who had his tyres pumped up massively around the carnival and some inflated bags of goals helped his cause. But Rioli is a finisher, same with Dew, will have to lose 15kgs to get back to his normal rotund size. I think they went for wants instead of best available. I think they have jumped the gun just a tad to early by not taking Rance.

Also think Geelong had a odd bunch. Harry Taylor will be ready made at with good size and pace it is a risk the Cats can afford to take. The Catters took quite a few project types. Suppose they see there list as having enough home grown growth to cover it for the coming years and far enough.
With Duddy in their side, $3M profit, it seems the brown & gold are still in the clouds.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
SCOOP said:

Yeah will be nice to have one up on the Dawks again, well 2 when Tambo emerges this year. ;D

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Very good result and am very happy..

Still wish the tiges had 19 and 28 though with the talent available .... i am happy tho make no mistake.

;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
craig said:
Very good result and am very happy..

Still wish the tiges had 19 and 28 though with the talent available .... i am happy tho make no mistake.

;D

You would ave loved it Craigy

Got to pick 18 and you could have heard a pin drop.

Miller later stated he was astounded Rance was still there at #18

Finally we win one. :clap

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc
Very happy with our picks, stoked to get Rance at 18!
Tipped Putt to go at 51.
Can't wait till 2008. All three picks should and will get a few games into them.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
SCOOP said:

Good work Scooper. I like reading neagtive posts on other clubs' drafting performance. Pelchen and his cr@p rating system. Hope the Dawks are sh!thouse next year.

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
Can anyone get the link for the AFL draft day to work on the AFL site? It looks like it is in the free section but it wont do anything when I click on it...

(Maybe it is not in the free section....)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
SCOOP said:

Scoop after the draft Stephen Wells approached our guys to see what they thought of Harry taylor :don't know

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting article in The Age today on the Dawks how Clarkson wanted Dew but Pelchen didn't, sounds like it may have got a bit heated. Plus sounds like they've disrupted Pelchen's list management plans a bit.

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
IrockZ said:
great draft for richmond

cotchin we all knew is quality, rance is the big-bodied KPP we needed and putt is a very athletic ruck with good skills - like scoop said i would have taken this crop before the draft in a heartbeat

add m morton also who is another good talent, mcmahon still massive questions marks imo

psd to come and also another 4 rookies so we should get a few more decent players hopefully
I think McMahon is going to make a lot of people on here eat their words- we shall see

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
Harry said:
I'd rather McGinnity. Made the U18 AA tam and along with Masten and Rich tore the other states apart in the middle.

Amazed he didn't get picked up.

Just do it Tiges. Hard inside on-baller.
I agree H. Am also happy to see you post in a positive manner too!!!!!!

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
IanG said:
Interesting article in The Age today on the Dawks how Clarkson wanted Dew but Pelchen didn't, sounds like it may have got a bit heated. Plus sounds like they've disrupted Pelchen's list management plans a bit.

does this have to do that they need a ready made forward - due to the rumours of an announcement a few weeks ago of a third strike rule.

conspiracy theory.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
tigerlee said:
.... and what did we think of him CC?
Good player but paid over the odds
davidrodan said:
Why would Geelong's recruiting manager ask us what we thought bout their first rounder
Seems odd :headscratch
Just general chat basically,we had to go past Geelong's table on the way out