DRAFT LEAGUE - Pre Round 6 Trading Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DRAFT LEAGUE - Pre Round 6 Trading Thread

pharace said:
Please don't be cryptic - is that what you want or are you just thinking?

Sorry should have been more clear.

Yes, I want to do this trade today if possible.

Panthera tigris FC said:
Out- Danny Meyer and James Gwilt

In- Luke Brennan and Nick Smith

Hope you didn't make those trades:

1. It has been determined that a reasonable trading period should be available as we have competitors in UK, BK and FIIK. Therefore the Weekly Trading Period (WTP) shall open at the siren of the last game of a each round - including the any split round. Check your AFL Record for more details. The WTP will close 30 minutes before the scheduled game start time of the first game for the subsequent round.

A couple of things:

No one has volunteered yet to do even one game for the two hours prior to the above rule. I won't be available next week, so it is time some of you stepped up to the plate.

When requesting a trade, the very least you can do is to include the details from the Players Pool - this just naming players doesn't make it cut and dry is some situations. Every "trade in" player has a Pool Player Number - please use it.

pharace said:
Hope you didn't make those trades:

1. It has been determined that a reasonable trading period should be available as we have competitors in UK, BK and FIIK. Therefore the Weekly Trading Period (WTP) shall open at the siren of the last game of a each round - including the any split round. Check your AFL Record for more details. The WTP will close 30 minutes before the scheduled game start time of the first game for the subsequent round.

A couple of things:

No one has volunteered yet to do even one game for the two hours prior to the above rule. I won't be available next week, so it is time some of you stepped up to the plate.

When requesting a trade, the very least you can do is to include the details from the Players Pool - this just naming players doesn't make it cut and dry is some situations. Every "trade in" player has a Pool Player Number - please use it.

Sorry Pharace. Sounds like you have a lot on the plate. If you let me know what needs to be done, I would be happy to lend a hand for next week.

I copied some of the other trades when I posted mine, I will ensure I use the Pool Number next time (this was my first trade). I also noticed that someone else posted their trade today, so I assumed it was alright. I must claim ignorance of the 2 hour rule...it won't happen again. :-\

Panthera tigris FC said:
Sorry Pharace. Sounds like you have a lot on the plate. If you let me know what needs to be done, I would be happy to lend a hand for next week.

I copied some of the other trades when I posted mine, I will ensure I use the Pool Number next time (this was my first trade). I also noticed that someone else posted their trade today, so I assumed it was alright. I must claim ignorance of the 2 hour rule...it won't happen again. :-\

Probably no busier than anyone else mate, but yeah, couple things could make it just a tad easier.

The trade rules thing was set up so that there could be 24 hours through the week to confirm that a trade wasn't going to become a mistake by simply using someone else to confirm it. For the last five rounds that someone else has been me and am happy to keep doing it through the week. I haven't minded as I am on here often enough anyway.

The problem area was always going to bet the two hours prior to the kick-off of each round, as we believed with the timing of the naming of Sunday teams, there may be last minute trades. For this reason we needed to blank out the last 30 minutes so there would be time to complete the trades (and how long does one person really need to hand aroung for ;)).

We had called for everyone to volunteer once for this two hour period - I'm sure we all have things to do on Friday night (usually) alot of the time - so why not share this two hour bit around. I have made myself available for all of it so far - but, well, next week I can't and it is probably a good time to make everyone aware of their need to jump up to the plate on this. This was posted on here twice previously.

An aside Panthera - LOL, neither of those guys got named in their team, so I doubly hope you didn't do the trades and saved your trades for later.

QUESTION OF PANTHERAS: DID YOU COMPLETE THOSE TRADES?

If so, I need to refer it to the "posse" who will decide if any effect has occured and any penalty if necessary. Personally, if you have made the trades, you won't be advantaged if neither of the player get called up (they are emergencies I think). If one or the other does play, I don't know?

Hope that makes sense. Cheers

Yes, in my ignorance I completed those trades. I was aware that they may not be playing this week, but I needed players that have a chance of playing in the near future, unlike those that I traded away. If it is any consolation, they have not been named in my starting line up, so even if they do get called up I will not receive any points for them. :-\ If the group believes that sanctions are required, just let me know my penalty and I will cop it.

Again, sorry for the mix up - I have been neglecting my team a bit through the first few rounds and thought I had better rectify the issue of a few non-scoring players. It is hard trying to find available replacements that stand a chance of playing!

As I said, if I can assist on a Friday night, I am more than happy to. Just let me know what is required.

OK - we need to adress this.

I appreciate your honesty and acceptence you made a mistake.

however, the possibility of the comp being compromised was there.

so I think we need to go to the rules, and if a situation like this occurs, we go to the top 3 players who will decide on a punishment, if indeed they decide one is even necessary.

So in that regard - when the ladder is posted tommorrow the top 3 from then will need to get together to reside over this infraction.

The 2 players that were traded for/ and traded out are frozen and can not be traded for until the top 3 have SPOKEN ( given the ir descision).

A few options that can probably discussed are.

1. no action - leave as is, as no score was effected because they didn't play.

2. Panthera needs to trade conduct the trade back, using the exact players involved. ( there is a slight chance, that changes in cost of players may prevent this, but tht is only a slight chance)

3. make him trade back 1 player - partial penalty.

obviously they are free to pick any penalty.

I do think we need the top 3 scenario to happen as a precedence can't be set of allowing coaches to trade when not approved.

It would really compromise the comp if scores were effected from wrong trades.

I will post the top 3 tommorrow. then they can post their verdict on here when decided. ( chatroom may be a good way to speak to each other)

cheers

Fair enough U2. I will cop whatever is decided.

Just keep in mind when deciding the penalty:

I didn't take players that weren't available (ie. the unique player aspect of our comp was not infringed).

I did name the players before the start of the round (although, in my ignorance, outside of the trading period).

I didn't name those players in my side for the week.

As you stated, the players didn't play on the weekend.

Having said that, let me know what penalty is decided upon and I will go along with it.

I ask if

skiptomystu
Pharace
Maverick

could please get together to decide on what should happen.

could these 3 posters please acknowledge this task.

I will PM them to look at this.

lol, there aint no use in asking me, unless u want the bottom three to call the shots! :help

I'm not fussed which way the guys decide to go. I don't think it is a MASSIVE problem, just as long as EVERYONE knows what the rules are.

Sorry I'm not much help :hihi

skiptomystu said:
I'm not fussed which way the guys decide to go. I don't think it is a MASSIVE problem, just as long as EVERYONE knows what the rules are.

Sorry I'm not much help :hihi

I don;t differ too much - but the what if I throw up at you is:

what if you had been playing Pantheras, Pantheras got a player on his list he thought was available but wasn't, that player scores say 87 points and beats you by 86 points? The score stands on SC and cannot be reversed - worse still, you miss the finals because of the loss.

It's a bit subjective but not impossible - in fact, any mistake by design or otherwise could render the game unwieldy at some point. Substitute any of the names to other peoples names - I don't care - the personality is irrelevant. Do we say, we were lucky and nothing happened so let's leave it (until the next time - maybe)?

I think Pantheras was truly tardy and others now cannot get these players even if they wanted to, but he was not trying to gain an unfair advantage. He just needed a better watch ;)

For mine, he must trade back one of the two players for one of the two players he dumped (his call which). He may only re-complete the trade again on Friday if the player is still available. It is a penalty, half as severe as it could be, more severe than doing nothing. To reverse both trades would be too severe for mine - a total of six trades used when two would have done it had he traded 10-15 minute earlier. Doing nothing might only encourage someone (Capt ::) ;D) to do similar and feign dunce material.

Middle ground for mine!

What do you think Mav and Skip?

Yeah I can now see how much it could affect a result. Tough predicament because essentially this comp is a complete trust thing. Your solution to the problem sounds pretty good to me Pharace.

I will give to 2100 tonight for maverick to post.

If not 2 out of 3 is good enough.

If after 2100 - theres noo post.

Then Panthera tigris will be required to conduct 1 trade.

he will have to reverse 1 of the 2 trades he made exactly, as was written ( his choice)

Those players then that aren't on his list will then need to be shown by pharace to be on the available list - once done they are then available to trade for.

Panthera please acknowledge this.