Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Cannot see a Ruckman being drafted in the top 10 , They are hit and miss and take too long to deveop

Takes 4/5 years before a ruckman is ready to play AFL properly and then they are free agents 3 years after that and are etremely hit and miss

Jackson will. Grundy should have gone top 10 it's one of the strangest things ever that he dropped. At the time I was all I favour of us taking him at 9. Vlaustin has totally justified the pick and is a top four player from that crop but Grundy getting to Collingwood was an industry mistake. Mobile & agile rucks that can be useful down forward and play below their knees should be top 10 picks, they don't come around that often. It's the big lanky bean poles that have slid down the pecking order and rightful so.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If we are, I'm not taking Robertson that high. It's Dylan Stephens all the way.

I want this kid so bad scoop.

he's got the wheels of Casagne, the motion of Cotchin and the left leg of Tivendale.

christ this kid can move. puts 10m on an opponent in 5 steps

if we can trade in to the top 12, hes our man unequivocally for me.

then KPP's with the rest

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Outside the top 2, he is my clear cut best player available. Evo said it, he's got shades of Lachie Whitfield. I say Josh Kelly. But take your pick. Has so much poise and time with the ball and his decision making is first class,

From Mildura, went to boarding school in Adelaide on a scholarship and has lived away from home for 5 years already. So he's mature and moving to Melbourne won't be a problem. Norwood rate his as one of the best kids they've seen come through in 20 years. Screams club captain at 24.

Could go at 4 to the Crows. Won't be around after 10. If I'm Melbourne I take him at 3 and Luke Jackson at 8 and am very happy.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I would say most likely a Crow's player come draft time

If we had pick under 10 - Brodie Kemp is my choice
If we keep #19 - Cooper Stephens

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
not very likely but i guess any move to get an early pick from gws or freo would involve our 2020 first rounder.
no point the giants trading 6 for 19 and have 19 used on Green anyway.
So it would super exciting for us to have picks 6 and 19. Take both Stephens!

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
not very likely but i guess any move to get an early pick from gws or freo would involve our 2020 first rounder.
no point the giants trading 6 for 19 and have 19 used on Green anyway.
So it would super exciting for us to have picks 6 and 19. Take both Stephens!

At some stage soon, we need to replace Rance and Astbury.
I’m not 100% sold on Garthwaite and Balta being the heirs apparent.
I’m thinking if we trade down, we reach for McAsey.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
who would trade
I’m thinking if we trade down, we reach for McAsey.
if we want McAsey then we trade for Freos 10.
its gettable.
Melbourne should be contemplating bidding forLiam Henry at 8, which would take Freos 10.

good thinking on aiming at mcasey. he doesn't have speed but has height and smarts

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
doing a great job flying solo Scoop.

but I wish Bully would come back and add to the mix
Strongly endorse. Come back, Bullus. We really miss you and need you. One of the classic and integral posters on PRE. A wise and learned voice.

Reactions: 4 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Strongly endorse. Come back, Bullus. We really miss you and need you. One of the classic and integral posters on PRE. A wise and learned voice.
I agree Bullus is a very good poster and has a good eye for talent and knows what he is talking about but unfortunately there are too many people who post crap and take pot shots for his views and opinion.

This place is poorer for losing his opinion

• Sad
Reactions: 12 users