Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Just read the herald sun champion data rankings article, where it had Cooper Stephens ranked at 16. Found it quite jarring that they listed his “plays like” player as MATTHEW KENNEDY.

Good god, surely not. What a turnoff. How is that the best player they could come up with?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Just read the herald sun champion data rankings article, where it had Cooper Stephens ranked at 16. Found it quite jarring that they listed his “plays like” player as MATTHEW KENNEDY.

Good god, surely not. What a turnoff. How is that the best player they could come up with?
Hahaha. Why would you compare a potential new draftee to a bloke who is 12 months away from being delisted?

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
No Rivers in that AFL.com podcast phantom is interesting. Seems to have draft watchers split on where he fits in the draft order.

I've seen one phantom that had him going at pick 6 to the dockers.

Madness, goes top 25 easily.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

None of the 30 compared to any Richmond player let alone any of the 16 dual premiership players.

Those 30 cannot be any good

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Players Richmond has spoken with after the combine that i know about 100% that are in our range round 1

Cooper Stephens
Trent Rivers
Miles Bergman
Fischer McAsey
Josh Worrell
Will Day

fair to say it will most certainly be from 1 of these

Reactions: 2 users

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009
Players Richmond has spoken with after the combine that i know about 100% that are in our range round 1

Cooper Stephens
Trent Rivers
Miles Bergman
Fischer McAsey
Josh Worrell
Will Day

Didn't RCD say after we drafted him that his only interview he had with the club was the day before the draft when we got an inkling that he could be available?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Cooper Stephens
Trent Rivers
Miles Bergman
Fischer McAsey
Josh Worrell
Will Day

It's a solid list although I'm still a suss on Bergman. Not sure what role he plays at AFL level.

Athletic profile is off the charts for a 189cm prospect. Speed - 2.98sec 20m sprint, Yo-yo - level 20.7, R.V.J - 90cm (ranked second overall). You could talk yourself into the Jordan DeGoey mould but like I've said on here unless you think he can contribute in the midfield, I'd be inclined to stay away in the first round.

Reactions: 1 user

Cotchin99

Tiger Cub
Mar 15, 2014
It's a solid list although I'm still a suss on Bergman. Not sure what role he plays at AFL level.

Athletic profile is off the charts for a 189cm prospect. Speed - 2.98sec 20m sprint, Yo-yo - level 20.7, R.V.J - 90cm (ranked second overall). You could talk yourself into the Jordan DeGoey mould but like I've said on here unless you think he can contribute in the midfield, I'd be inclined to stay away in the first round.
14 touches a game is a concern to me

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Just read a couple of snippets about Bergman n he's an interesting prospect. Kids got all the athletic attributes for a player n one of the profiles I looked at suggested he could be a top ten smokey but more expected as a late first rounder to early second round.
Reckon he might need to be carefully progressed through his first couple of seasons though. Stress fractures in one foot 2016. Stress fractures in the other foot 2017. Then shin splits at the end of 2018 when he was doing the draft camp testing. Lack of footy over the last few years would probably have stifled his development a bit, so there's potential for some serious upswing to his game. Fragility could see him not play a long career if he doesn't grow through his junior problems though.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Have heard nothing about us even looking at Bergman.

I'm sure the recruiters have perused diligently into his portfolio and weighed up the situation appropriately... thankfully too.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I've been waiting for the AFL's draft machine to fire up but they seem to have gone with a shitty NAB app instead this year. Where are all of you getting your highlights footage from?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I've been waiting for the AFL's draft machine to fire up but they seem to have gone with a shitty NAB app instead this year. Where are all of you getting your highlights footage from?

I've asked the same thing twice. No-ones seems to have an answer. Have found it very hard to assess players this year.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Have heard nothing about us even looking at Bergman.

I'm sure the recruiters have perused diligently into his portfolio and weighed up the situation appropriately... thankfully too.

Where do people find out who we've been talking to out of interest? Is it all done in a central official environment?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Cooper Stephens
Trent Rivers
Miles Bergman
Fischer McAsey
Josh Worrell
Will Day

No Trent Bianco?

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008

Cooper Stephens
Trent Rivers
Miles Bergman
Fischer McAsey
Josh Worrell
Will Day

Interesting one here is McAsey. Will surely be gone by our pick 19/20 so I wonder if this might be for if we can get Freo’s pick 10 - if Henry gets a bid just before that pick they might trade that out for our 2020 first and a couple of our 2nd/3rds this year. I’d certainly be very happy with that. Of the others Worrell or Rivers would be my preferred options.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Interesting one here is McAsey. Will surely be gone by our pick 19/20 so I wonder if this might be for if we can get Freo’s pick 10 - if Henry gets a bid just before that pick they might trade that out for our 2020 first and a couple of our 2nd/3rds this year. I’d certainly be very happy with that. Of the others Worrell or Rivers would be my preferred options.
I think the club would need to consider the 'what if's' and if the opportunity arises to perhaps live trade at pick X would be deal

e.g pick 14 McAsey still on the board and cats are happy to trade
we go in prepared knowing the player , Im sure we would have spoken to other kids around that range also but these were the names mentioned