Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
thanks Turk. I would be rapt with one from that list, though like Scoop i have a question on Bergman and his contested/uncontested ratio.

It would be terrific to trade into 10 -12 with our 2020 pick. Mcasey and Stephens would be a dream

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I think the club would need to consider the 'what if's' and if the opportunity arises to perhaps live trade at pick X would be deal

e.g pick 14 McAsey still on the board and cats are happy to trade
we go in prepared knowing the player , Im sure we would have spoken to other kids around that range also but these were the names mentioned

I'm sure we've spoken to Rowell and Anderson as well. Maybe left them with a copy of Konrad's book autographed pics of Lynch, Prestia and Caddy and a 2022 calendar

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I'm sure we've spoken to Rowell and Anderson as well. Maybe left them with a copy of Konrad's book autographed pics of Lynch, Prestia and Caddy and a 2022 calendar
We probably have even given Anderson a signed Dusty jumper being the Tiger supporter he is

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
My ideals for list fir would be Josh Worell at our first but I think it will be Trent Rivers.

Second round set of picks, Mitch O'Neil, Jy Rantall and Dyson Hilder.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
My ideals for list fir would be Josh Worell at our first but I think it will be Trent Rivers.

Any chance we get a look at McAsey?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

Worrell would be a good get but surprised if he gets past Geelong.

I still think we are a chance to grab a tall at 19 given we can take mid's at 38,39 and 41 (which will become 40 as GWS will lose that pick in paying for Green)

My tip is we might go for Harrison Jones.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Strong Griffo vibes. Avoid at 19.

Reminds me far more of Carlisle than Griffen at the same age. Carlisle was let down by his lack of intellect as opposed to football ability

Griffen was good below his knees but weak one on one at u18 level and had terrible endurance.

Jones while slight, has excellent endurance, a willingness to push to contests and a harder edge (more competitive).

Suggest you have another look

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Reminds me far more of Carlisle than Griffen at the same age. Carlisle was let down by his lack of intellect as opposed to football ability

Griffen was good below his knees but weak one on one at u18 level and had terrible endurance.

Jones while slight, has excellent endurance, a willingness to push to contests and a harder edge (more competitive).

Suggest you have another look

Good suggestion but nope.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

How does Worell compare to Balta?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The case for a Key Forward at 19 is made stronger when u consider the best options next year are academy selections together with our pending retirements over the next few years

A Rance - N Balta
B Houli - DES
S Edwards - S Bolton
T Cotchin - RCD
J Riewoldt - ?

The only player without an obvious replacement is Riewoldt. CCJ is likely to be a better Ruckman rather than a roaming CHF

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The case for a Key Forward at 19 is made stronger when u consider the best options next year are academy selections together with our pending retirements over the next few years

A Rance - N Balta
B Houli - DES
S Edwards - S Bolton
T Cotchin - RCD
J Riewoldt - ?

The only player without an obvious replacement is Riewoldt. CCJ is likely to be a better Ruckman rather than a roaming CHF

Chol can play second tall behind Lynch. Finding a player of Jack's quality and skill set is going to be just about impossible. We need a 30+ goal kicking tall as Lynch becomes the 50-60+ player. I agree long term we need to find that key forward but Harrison at 19 isn't the one for me.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

A Rance - N Balta
B Houli - DES
S Edwards - S Bolton
T Cotchin - RCD
J Riewoldt - ?

Balta could as easily slot into the forward line to replace Riewoldt as into the back line to replace Rance.