Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Chol can play second tall behind Lynch. Finding a player of Jack's quality and skill set is going to be just about impossible. We need a 30+ goal kicking tall as Lynch becomes the 50-60+ player. I agree long term we need to find that key forward but Harrison at 19 isn't the one for me.

I thought that also until I saw Chol try to play key forward in the VFL finals. He was woeful

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
So, GWS have traded pick 6 and 2020 1st rounder to Adelaide for pick 4.

Here's hoping that Melbourne bids on Green at 3 but I wouldn't be surprised a handshake agreement has been made so GWS get a free pick at 4 then deal with a bid thereafter.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
So, GWS have traded pick 6 and 2020 1st rounder to Adelaide for pick 4.

Here's hoping that Melbourne bids on Green at 3 but I wouldn't be surprised a handshake agreement has been made so GWS get a free pick at 4 then deal with a bid thereafter.

Yep, I can smell draft tampering.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Yep, I can smell draft tampering.

Gill and AFL chairman would have cracked a beer after the deal was confirmed - nothing to see here.

Then they would have pee'd themselves about how they gave us pick 39 for Ellis!

Reactions: 3 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Balta could as easily slot into the forward line to replace Riewoldt as into the back line to replace Rance.

The club has conceded that Balta Is not considered a key forward. According to Leppa, they’re grooming him as a key defender but the concern is they’re still throwing him around which to me says they’re still not convinced

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Players Richmond has spoken with after the combine that i know about 100% that are in our range round 1

Cooper Stephens
Trent Rivers
Miles Bergman
Fischer McAsey
Josh Worrell
Will Day

fair to say it will most certainly be from 1 of these

Thanks for the info Turk.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Players Richmond has spoken with after the combine that i know about 100% that are in our range round 1

Cooper Stephens
Trent Rivers
Miles Bergman
Fischer McAsey
Josh Worrell
Will Day

fair to say it will most certainly be from 1 of these

My latest mail is that Rivers is not in their thinking.
Bergman highly rated

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
My latest mail is that Rivers is not in their thinking.
Bergman highly rated
15. Geelong: Miles Bergman (VIC)
Height, Weight:
189cm/83kg
Profile: High leaping, strong marking medium forward. Arguably possesses the most penetrating kick in the draft pool.

Sounds very much like Lennon.

Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Height, Weight:
189cm/83kg
Profile: High leaping, strong marking medium forward. Arguably possesses the most penetrating kick in the draft pool.

Bergman is possibly in the best 3 athletes in the entire pool.
Nothing like Lennon

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Twomey’s November form guide is up. The Richmond-relevant points from it are that we interviewed Rivers again last week, are interested in Day and Bianco and have shown some interest in Jay Rantall. Personally I’d be happy with any of the first three, but Rantall might be a bit of a reach at 19 as he’s not considered to be a particularly good kick.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
For our 1st Pick i'll be happy with Cooper Stephens or Elijah Taylor

On Taylor it says:

Taylor is one of the most talented players in this pool
On ability he would be in the top-10
He may take some time to adjust to the elite environment's demand

If there is a club in the land, (except his home state WA clubs), where this kid will come in and feel comfortable it is Richmond, that we now have WA's cult figure Marlion at our club will only enhance our attractiveness and ability to foster indigenous talent.
We have the time needed to develop as whoever we draft wouldn't be breaking into our side anytime soon.

Looks like another Shai to me and Ralph would be keen to get another player in his stable ;)

Last edited:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Height, Weight:
189cm/83kg

He'll be gone by our pick anyway so don't worry

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Reading Bianco profile, its reads very similar to Jack Ross.

178cm/73kg
Vic Metro/Oakleigh Chargers
Defender/midfielder
October ranking: 20

DRAFT PROFILE Bio, stats, highlights and more

Bianco's finals series capped a very good season for the Oakleigh Chargers prospect. Not only did he captain the Chargers to their NAB League premiership, Bianco was one of their September stars, including gathering 29 disposals and 10 marks in the Grand Final. A brilliant kick on both feet, Bianco buys himself time with his disposal and only needs a second with the ball in hand to make the right decision. Is given the ball and trusted with it.

Where does he go? Is likely to fit into the back-end of the first round or very early in the second. Geelong, Richmond and Port Adelaide all interested in Bianco.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Bianco, is a complete different player. Way more outside. Much much, smaller. Here's my pocket guide in the phantom thread.

Easily the best kick in this draft. Goes to either foot and both are weapons.. Carves teams up, makes the kick that slices zones. Leads the player to the space. And absolutely knows how to get involved. Averaged 27 touches a week at TAC level and was captain at Oakleigh of a side that includes Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson. Some might say that is easier to play in a side with these two but Bianco did the same thing at the Championships. Every level he has gone up and performed the same role. Reminds me of Steele Sidebottom and Zach Merrett. That’s the player I see him becoming and the style he will play. Needs to put on size but he can play pretty quickly next year on a wing. Very outside (27% at TAC level, 28% at the Champs) at the moment and that needs to improve but his decision making and elite kicking skills override everything. Put him in a role that plays to his strengths and he will be a fine AFL player. The thing that makes more confident about Bianco is he got better in the TAC finals and champs. When the level goes up his strengths are amplified and he stands out more. I made some assumptions around Jack Higgins and I've learnt my lessons. There are similar questions with Bianco. The numbers at the combine weren’t fantastic (Speed - 3.09sec 20m sprint, Endurance - 6min 37sec 2km) put that with his smallish size and that sees him slip to the second round. If the draft was on foot skills and footy IQ he'd be in the first two. .

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Bianco, is a complete different player. Way more outside. Much much, smaller. Here's my pocket guide in the phantom thread.

Easily the best kick in this draft. Goes to either foot and both are weapons.. Carves teams up, makes the kick that slices zones. Leads the player to the space. And absolutely knows how to get involved. Averaged 27 touches a week at TAC level and was captain at Oakleigh of a side that includes Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson. Some might say that is easier to play in a side with these two but Bianco did the same thing at the Championships. Every level he has gone up and performed the same role. Reminds me of Steele Sidebottom and Zach Merrett. That’s the player I see him becoming and the style he will play. Needs to put on size but he can play pretty quickly next year on a wing. Very outside (27% at TAC level, 28% at the Champs) at the moment and that needs to improve but his decision making and elite kicking skills override everything. Put him in a role that plays to his strengths and he will be a fine AFL player. The thing that makes more confident about Bianco is he got better in the TAC finals and champs. When the level goes up his strengths are amplified and he stands out more. I made some assumptions around Jack Higgins and I've learnt my lessons. There are similar questions with Bianco. The numbers at the combine weren’t fantastic (Speed - 3.09sec 20m sprint, Endurance - 6min 37sec 2km) put that with his smallish size and that sees him slip to the second round. If the draft was on foot skills and footy IQ he'd be in the first two. .
Thanks Scoop.

Do you pull the trigger at 19?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Depends what's around. It certainly wouldn't be a pick that in the moment I would stamp my feet about and say was immediately wrong.

The decision making and foot skills either side are elite. He trained at Collingwood at the start of the year and they paired him up with Sidebottom as the player he could emulate at the next level. And don't forget, Sidebottom was a slow burn in his first three years.

And has never averaged more than 4 clearances a game. Doesn't diminish Sidebottom's value at all either. He has been an A grader for a long time. If Bianco can have a career that is 75% of Steele's you'd be happy.

1574220285005.png

Last edited: