Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Western Jets B&F was held tonight.
My brother in law was equal runner-up with Archie Manton (Yes he's related)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
wouldnt pick Flanders with our first pick. Doesnt want to be a professional footballer enough, shades of D-Mac about it

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Hypothetically, if we got an end of 1st for Ellis and traded that and our 1st to the Saints for their 1st (which will probably end up being 20 and 21 - hopefully we win the premiership - for Pick 7).

1 - Would you do it? Are the talents in that 5-10 area that much better than a bit later in the draft
2 - Or would you be happier to have 2 picks around Pick 20 to play with?

Which scenario would you think would be best for us?
Would do that deal 100% , Very good chance Brodie Kemp still available on the board at pick #7 and would jump at him

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Would do that deal 100% , Very good chance Brodie Kemp still available on the board at pick #7 and would jump at him

Reports are that picks 5-30 are reasonably even this year so lets stick with picks 19-20 and gets a KP back and a midfielder.

Our recruiting dept have been good the last few years with this pick range so why change?

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
So, with Ellis gone we are likely to get a 2nd round picknin return as free agency compo.

That will leave us with 19, 38, 39, 40, 73 & 75.

Not sure we will use any of the later picks or we will be heavily active in the trade period, but will be interesting to see if we package anything up for a pick in the early 20's or even picks for next year.

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
So, with Ellis gone we are likely to get a 2nd round picknin return as free agency compo.

Not sure we will use any of the later picks or we will be heavily active in the trade period, but will be interesting to see if we package anything up for a pick in the early 20's or even picks for next year.

Motlop went for a four year deal at 500,00 per year. This got Geelong end of first round pick 19. Ellis is reportedly going for five years at 600,000 per year. Has to be end of first round/beginning of second round.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Motlop went for a four year deal at 500,00 per year. This got Geelong end of first round pick 19. Ellis is reportedly going for five years at 600,000 per year. Has to be end of first round/beginning of second round.

Exactly tygrys.

Thats end of first round thank you very much, pick 19.

There was another player too that got another club also based on their $ they got an end of first round too. Name escapes me(bloody memory).

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Exactly tygrys.

Thats end of first round thank you very much, pick 19.

There was another player too that got another club also based on their $ they got an end of first round too. Name escapes me(bloody memory).

Wasn't Lycett 4 year at $600k per year? He got end of 1st. Even Dahlhaus got the Dogs a 2nd last year, surely we get better than what Dahlhous got them.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Another rule change coming in an attempt to curtail our dominance. No worries, give us end of 6th round pick and I'll back oiur recruiters to find a Stack or Pickett with that pick just to shove it up everyone.

God I love the fact the hatred is back.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
AFL's secret recipe. I'll be very surprised if we don't have to add an extra player or draft pick along with Brando to even up for Mould Coast losing the Lynch man.

Not a hope in hell the AFL will deal honestly in this. Two flags in three years n obliterating the AFL's expensive n shiny GeeWhizz toy. Extremely lucky to get end of second round for Brando.

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004

I was banging on about this a few weeks back. With the amount of rookies we need to upgrade and good young talent already on the list I would be happy to pass (take the minimum selections).

We should be flipping the picks for future year picks or one low pick. A player picked at 19, 38,39,40 is going to be starved off opportunities to get past our support cast of stack, naish,menadue, Ross, graham, Collier-Dawkins, CC’s,balta, Chol, garthwaite, egg smith, Butler, McIntosh.....

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
So we interviewed Walsh last year, not to pick him of course but to get his opinion on players he had played with that we were interested in.

Is this standard practice?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I was banging on about this a few weeks back. With the amount of rookies we need to upgrade and good young talent already on the list I would be happy to pass (take the minimum selections).

We should be flipping the picks for future year picks or one low pick. A player picked at 19, 38,39,40 is going to be starved off opportunities to get past our support cast of stack, naish,menadue, Ross, graham, Collier-Dawkins, CC’s,balta, Chol, garthwaite, egg smith, Butler, McIntosh.....

You don't flip picks because you are worried that the new draftees get worried that they aren't going to get a chance. Who are we recruiting? Losers that want an easy life?

You flip picks if you have minimal list spots and if you feel you can get a better return in a following year. Next year has a high number of academy / fs prospects so we'd be in a good chance of getting higher up the order. Its not to do with worrying if draftees will become disillusioned with not getting a game.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
AFL's secret recipe. I'll be very surprised if we don't have to add an extra player or draft pick along with Brando to even up for Mould Coast losing the Lynch man.

Not a hope in hell the AFL will deal honestly in this. Two flags in three years n obliterating the AFL's expensive n shiny GeeWhizz toy. Extremely lucky to get end of second round for Brando.