Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Remember that poor kid Jack Hiscox...think he was on Sydney's list for a bit.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
SkillzThatKillz said:
Remember that poor kid Jack Hiscox...think he was on Sydney's list for a bit.

For a hip and shoulder or are you suggesting Stacky has other intentions?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
So what does everyone think we need? Good draft, not great. Can definitely build depth. Picks 6-18 even at this stage.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
we need pick 18. Think we might have to win the flag to get it.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
seriously its a good question.
Stacky and Ross have changed everything.

On the other hand we've a balanced list but there are still plenty of replacements needed when this generation retires.
All things being equal i'd be plumping for a Grimes type. Super fast and agile, willing in the contest, able to shut down smalls and mediums.
i'm not certain we have anyone coming through to play this role. Oleg maybe with the athleticism but not yet the defensive ability.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
For reference my U25 lineup is
B: x (Garth ?) x
HB: Short Balta x
C: Naish Ross (Turner ? )
Hf: Rioli x Bolton
F: CCJ x Stack
R: x Graham Higgins

Obviously there are some who will play for a long time to fill the holes - Dusty, Big Tom, Nank

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Do all the junior watchers get harassed off these boards or are they over sensitive to criticism? I wish they’d all come home.

Fischer McAsey for vic metro sounds the standout defender in the afl site article. In my opinion we need to grab the most talented tall defender with our fist pick if possible or manoeuvre up the order a bit to secure him.

A talented tall forward and ruckman are also on my shopping list (maybe a marquee tall forward and defender over 2 drafts) with inside mids at other picks.

I am open to more midgets if we circulate some out such as Aarts and Buttler. They are easy pickings (and easy to fit into a shopping bag, maybe we could purchase by the kilo)

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Reckon a tall defender should be a priority - not sure Garthwaite or Miller are going to make it. Will Gould and Lachie Newman are two that could be around the mark for our first pick.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So what does everyone think we need? Good draft, not great. Can definitely build depth. Picks 6-18 even at this stage.

I think if I had to pick for Richmond, and rolled up to the draft unprepared and hungover, I'd take the big AA CHB

Think we are good for rucks, athletic versatile talls, mids, midgets. I reckon a big dependable gorilla stopper is a priority for the future..

jeez how was that kick from vic country no17. with 2 mins to go in the final? left footer. impressive

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Yeah, with a change in roles at work I’ve watched less than normal. I would piggy back of some of Bully’s work.

Watched all the games once but haven’t zeroed in and refocused. Will say there’s heaps of outside types and pace. Not sure there’s the complete inside class mid outside the top three. I have Rowell, Anderson and Green my top three. I really like Luke Jackson. Raw but at times shows Nic Nat impact in the ruck with multiple efforts when the ball hits the ground. If we have two picks in the first round ( Brando compo) I’d take him.