Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I finally got around to watching WA v Vic C. I'm all in on de Koning. Athletic defender, intercept marking, has grown 14cm in past 18 months and gone from wing to KPP so has agility.

I picked Naughton a few years back in the PRE phantom draft and I see de Koning as a similar type.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I am still iffy on De Koning, not sure of football smarts yet. Need to watch more tape.

I really like Dylan Stephens from SA along with Deven Robertson. At times this year we’ve still looked thin in the midfield.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
So the AFL are going to allow Freo, Port, Crows and west coast priority access to indigenous metro players after pick 40...
Is this fair.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
So the AFL are going to allow Freo, Port, Crows and west coast priority access to indigenous metro players after pick 40...
Is this fair.

WTF is this contrived *smile*.

THE RFC IS THE PLACE TO BE FOR ABORIGINAL LADS THESES DAYS!!

Maybe thats why they are changing the rules .......................................again.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Would you give up any of our players/draft picks to move up to the top 2? Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson would slot straight into our midfield. Ready to go players.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Would you give up any of our players/draft picks to move up to the top 2? Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson would slot straight into our midfield. Ready to go players.
yep definitely. we have terrific core of young talent, very solid core footballers but no top 5 talent under 26. Stack and Bolton, even Balta show promise of being elite.
would love to grab one more but cant see it being possible, especially as we have a very settled team.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
yep definitely. we have terrific core of young talent, very solid core footballers but no top 5 talent under 26. Stack and Bolton, even Balta show promise of being elite.
would love to grab one more but cant see it being possible, especially as we have a very settled team.
Considering none of the, players you: mentioned where top 10 picks I have every confidence we can add some selcial talents ,I rate Rossy as a ultimately a cotch replacement and naish and turner have a high ceiling

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Ross Naish and Turner all have strong support to make it as long term team players, and I would include them in the core young talent brigade.
but is it realistic to think they will reach an elite level ie top 10 AFL ?

Cotch has sacrificed his game in the last few years but he could turn a match in 5 mins. no harm in getting another elite top 2 pick;)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ross Naish and Turner all have strong support to make it as long term team players, and I would include them in the core young talent brigade.
but is it realistic to think they will reach an elite level ie top 10 AFL ?

Cotch has sacrificed his game in the last few years but he could turn a match in 5 mins. no harm in getting another elite top 2 pick;)
Stacka was the last fluff covered scrap rummaged from the bottom of the dumpster bin, he's currently looking every chance of being elite at AFL level. While top ten picks have every chance of becoming elite players there's plenty who don't become any more than simply good players n there's quite a few lately that struggle to have much impact or simply walk away.
There's always some premium quality players to be found later in the drafts or even as mature age pick ups who've been missed by everyone for years. Most important factors become development, management, character.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
we have Stack which is very fortunate. But an elite midfielder does not regularly come from a pick 130, which is roughly what Sydney was.
Dont expect it to happen again this year.
So if we do want an elite midfielder the best chance is to trade into the top 3 picks.
I cant see it happening myself

tommygun

1st of many
Aug 24, 2011
Caroline Springs
We could get into the top 3 but we would have to offer up someone like Cotch or Rance. With Gold Coast looking for experienced players it could be possible

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
We could get into the top 3 but we would have to offer up someone like Cotch or Rance. With Gold Coast looking for experienced players it could be possible
Wonder if Lambert would get it done and whether we’d trade him for it. Bigger problem is getting players to agree to move there.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bigger problem is getting players to agree to move there.
Biggest problem would be punting out reluctant players n tearing holes in the fabric n character of the current list.

I don't mind the club assisting fringe players with an opportunity to establish their careers at another club. Don't mind trading draft picks for quality players. I'm very leery on the potential pushing of core n structure people out to chase possible whizz bang kids.

Reactions: 2 users

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
I agree TM,we’re Richmond not Hawthorn, take tough list management decisions but not at the expense of players who have made us what we are.

Back Matty Clarke to get us the next Jack Ross/Sydney Stack without selling our Soul.

Reactions: 4 users

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Difficult but if the afl give first two picks to GC on condition that they trade pick 2 it is certainly possible.
Would need a third party as A graders in their prime are not likely to want a transfer to GC.
Maybe Butler, Caddy and Houlie to Melbourne for pick 4 on traded with Garthwaite and Menadue to GC for pick 2?

tommygun

1st of many
Aug 24, 2011
Caroline Springs
To get into the top 3 of the draft we would have to offer up one of Reiwoldt, Martin, Cotchin, Rance, Grimes, Lynch, or our 1st pick with either Vlaustin, Astbury, Nank, Prestia, Lambert. Too expensive in my opinion, we’re not that desperate

Reactions: 1 user