Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
you don't think DStephens is like a Gaff or Whitfield? ie in the heat and madness of the prelim and Granny the outside smooth runners are less effectual. maybe 20 touches with no impact
but a Brodie Kemp - 193cm mid who takes big grabs? imagine he slips forward midway thru the 3rd. Stephens goes back to cover, but in vain as Kemp takes a strong overhead mark and calmly slots the goal. he stays forward, now manned by the halfbacker Ash but Kemp is too strong again and kicks 2 in 2 mins to break open the GF for the Tiges

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
sub-three second 20m sprint and top 10 agility.

endurance base will need to be built. plus has done an acl.
so no senior action until 2021 and unlikely to make an impact until 3 or 4 years in

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
In those trades we are getting reamed, give up 3 picks for 1 high pick? I can't really see us trading unless we are desperate for a certain player, personally like the picks we have, we get a slider at 19 & can pick for need with the next 3.

I agree. Seems we are shaping to use quite a few picks in the ND and 38,39, 41 are right in our zone if the last 3 yeas of picks are anything to go by

* Jack Ross #43
* Patrick Naish #34
* Jack Graham #53

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Cannot see why those clubs would give up two early picks just to move up 4/5/6 places. Doesn't make sense to me. Gold Coast already have picks 1 and 2 so why spend two good picks to get one? Brisbane have a number of picks around 40/50 they could use with one of their first picks, they do not have to use the two top picks. Geelong have already indicated they are going to the draft with the picks they have.

Callum Twomey latest: "The Suns are keen to package up their picks 15 and 20 to secure a third top-10 choice"

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Callum Twomey latest: "The Suns are keen to package up their picks 15 and 20 to secure a third top-10 choice"

Still doesn't make sense. No wonder they continue to struggle. Pick 15 D Rioli pick 20 N Fyfe.

The more top end picks you have the better chance of finding gold. And the more may stay up there.

Gold Coast already have 1 and 2 and will get two quality midfielders. Trading 15 and 20 which could be a mid plus a tall for just one pick does not make sense.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Still doesn't make sense. No wonder they continue to struggle. Pick 15 D Rioli pick 20 N Fyfe.

The more top end picks you have the better chance of finding gold. And the more may stay up there.

Gold Coast already have 1 and 2 and will get two quality midfielders. Trading 15 and 20 which could be a mid plus a tall for just one pick does not make sense.

Not many keys in draft maybe they are after Jackson or McAsey to compliment the mids?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I read write-ups on the AFL site on Trent Bianco and Ned Cahill, thought they both sounded like Richmond men. Thoughts?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Watch the AFL world go nuts when Tom Green heads to punt rd at the end of 2021 :banana

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I haven't had much chance to view this year's crop but Will Day looks a beauty, bit of Isaac Smith about him.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I haven't had much chance to view this year's crop but Will Day looks a beauty, bit of Isaac Smith about him.

Why? Does he miss important shots at goal in finals?
Smith is nothing more then a tivendale

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Reckon he’s on our short list. Could be the Ellis or Hoult replacement.

Feb 25, 2007
We hear it every year this draft isn't strong but i think theirs heaps of talent right up to the 40's
If we are looking for a medium-sized defender then Day or Rivers are the most likely, we can't go wrong with either.
I'm a rap for Cooper Stephens good running ability and hard at it for our first pic.

Is there any way he could slide to late 30's cause i think the club has the mindset of a running defender for pic 19

Can you imagine if we nabbed one of Day or Rivers then Stephens then Ralphsmith.
For our 4th pic, a tall forward either Riccardi or Georgiades would be a great get to compliment CCJ, Balta, Chol etc
Well I'm leaning to Georgiades but not sure if he lasts to pick 41

Last edited:

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
We hear it every year this draft isn't strong but i think theirs heaps of talent right up to the 40's
If we are looking for a medium-sized defender then Day or Rivers are the most likely, we can't go wrong with either.
I'm a rap for Cooper Stephens good running ability and hard at it for our first pic.

Is there any way he could slide to late 30's cause i think the club has the mindset of a running defender for pic 19

Can you imagine if we nabbed one of Day or Rivers then Stephens then Ralphsmith.
For our 4th pic, a tall forward either Riccardi or Georgiades would be a great get to compliment CCJ, Balta, Chol etc
Well I'm leaning to Georgiades but not sure if he lasts to pick 41
I wouldn't take a tall fwd that late, take a look at all the decent ones in the comp they all went around top 15 in thier draft yr.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Astbury? Harris Andrews ?
With the right traits can still pick a key position player. The target would be to draft a tall to play as a key back, not key fwd.

I think Charlie Comben will be available for our 2nd rounds, similar type to our CCJ.
I wouldnt pick him because we have CCJ but other clubs will.
Emerson Jeka is an outstanding contested mark. Was rated at U16s. Has he stagnated because others have caught up in bodysize or not been challenged enough? Good he be a Darling type who was ready and waiting at 16yo?
Has the athletic profile with a 3.04s 20m and top agility. I would pick him and groom as an Astbury replacement.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
I wouldn't take a tall fwd that late, take a look at all the decent ones in the comp they all went around top 15 in thier draft yr.

True but we are not in dire need for a tall forward and i wouldn't be using our first pic on a tall fwd. Running defenders and inside mids imo should be our main focus.