Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Smaller but similar type. I'd take Naish ahead of him long term. But I'm pro Pattty big time.

All due respect to Naish, but if you’d rate him over Bianco, then it’s a wide birth for me at pick 20.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
For me it’s still Cooper Stephens. I think the injury has masked how good he can be.

I would only pass on him if there was a slider like McAsy or Worrell.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
For me it’s still Cooper Stephens. I think the injury has masked how good he can be.

He would be the player im hoping we take but wouldnt be too unhappy if we ended up with Rivers,Bergman,Worrell,McAsey or any of the top 12 that is constantly talked up.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Bianco, is a complete different player. Way more outside. Much much, smaller. Here's my pocket guide in the phantom thread.

Easily the best kick in this draft. Goes to either foot and both are weapons.. Carves teams up, makes the kick that slices zones. Leads the player to the space. And absolutely knows how to get involved. Averaged 27 touches a week at TAC level and was captain at Oakleigh of a side that includes Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson. Some might say that is easier to play in a side with these two but Bianco did the same thing at the Championships. Every level he has gone up and performed the same role. Reminds me of Steele Sidebottom and Zach Merrett. That’s the player I see him becoming and the style he will play. Needs to put on size but he can play pretty quickly next year on a wing. Very outside (27% at TAC level, 28% at the Champs) at the moment and that needs to improve but his decision making and elite kicking skills override everything. Put him in a role that plays to his strengths and he will be a fine AFL player. The thing that makes more confident about Bianco is he got better in the TAC finals and champs. When the level goes up his strengths are amplified and he stands out more. I made some assumptions around Jack Higgins and I've learnt my lessons. There are similar questions with Bianco. The numbers at the combine weren’t fantastic (Speed - 3.09sec 20m sprint, Endurance - 6min 37sec 2km) put that with his smallish size and that sees him slip to the second round. If the draft was on foot skills and footy IQ he'd be in the first two. .

Could he be a similar player to Sam Mitchell?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
All due respect to Naish, but if you’d rate him over Bianco, then it’s a wide birth for me at pick 20.

You are vastly under rating Naish. Trajectory is going the right way quickly. Box seat for Ellis role next year.

Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Thats entirely reasonable and I’d be more than happy with that. I’d take Stephens ahead of Bianco.

Other question with Coop is that your drafting another RCD type player. Same type two years running.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Thats entirely reasonable and I’d be more than happy with that. I’d take Stephens ahead of Bianco.

Other question with Coop is that your drafting another RCD type player. Same type two years running.
I have no issue with that. You should always have 2 or 3 developing mids who will be ready to play if need be. Ross is the perfect example especially when we were hit with injuries.

You can never go wrong with midfield depth.

Reactions: 3 users

Cotchin99

Tiger Cub
Mar 15, 2014
Must say, Rantall ticks a lot of boxes

25 touches a game, so can find the footy

7 tackles a game suggests elite pressure (18 in one match)

6 clearances is also elite

A goal a game

Not to mention an outstanding athletic profile shown at the combine. I see huge upside in him given this was his first year of concentrating just on footy

Reactions: 4 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
This kid apparently has been attracting a lot of interest and is now considered a likely 2nd round pick.

Chad Warner

Height 181cm
Weight 80kg
East Fremantle

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Reading Bianco profile, its reads very similar to Jack Ross.

178cm/73kg
Vic Metro/Oakleigh Chargers
Defender/midfielder
October ranking: 20

DRAFT PROFILE Bio, stats, highlights and more

Bianco's finals series capped a very good season for the Oakleigh Chargers prospect. Not only did he captain the Chargers to their NAB League premiership, Bianco was one of their September stars, including gathering 29 disposals and 10 marks in the Grand Final. A brilliant kick on both feet, Bianco buys himself time with his disposal and only needs a second with the ball in hand to make the right decision. Is given the ball and trusted with it.

Where does he go? Is likely to fit into the back-end of the first round or very early in the second. Geelong, Richmond and Port Adelaide all interested in Bianco.

Richmond player.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That's a horrible mental image you've just depicted.

Ive been down the fruiting end of 3 births, and I can't imagine a narrow one?

They had to dislocate Richmond's 2022 3rd rounder's shoulders to get him out after his mum said there was no way he was going down the guts. I strapped him up like Daniel Kerr, and he drank a litre of colostrum like nothing had happened.

back on the draft - did I read Adelaide traded up to Pick 4 from 6 with GWS?

Surely we can pen in Dylan Stephens at 4?

• Haha

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
with GWS? that doesn't make much sense with the Tom Green bid does it?

does it mean they know the first 5 and they take Dylan Stephens at 6?

GWS are now pick 4 so they are betting a Green bid doesnt come in the first 3 picks and they get a free pick early and then have to match a Green bid after that

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
GWS are now pick 4 so they are betting a Green bid doesnt come in the first 3 picks and they get a free pick early and then have to match a Green bid after that

Crows will still get their man plus an extra 2020 1st round pick tied to GWS' finishing position.

Very good for the Crows.
Now we just need an early bid on Green.