Draft prospects 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2020

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Hoping we Rookie list Fraser Turner back to the club

showed good signs in 2019 in the vfl but no games this year apart from the junk scrimmage games and the kids only 19 with no real chance to prove himself . 2 -3 years on a rookie list to develop would be great.

Reactions: 12 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Jake Patmore is a 182cm midfielder who I saw play at Claremont in the colts a number of times.

I have a mate who played over 150 games for Claremont who was big wraps on Patmore and reckons he is a rebounding defender at AFL level. First time I saw him he was pretty quiet in the first half of a colts game, but then exploded in the second half (21 touches in the 3rd qtr alone, finished with 42) and absolutely dominated.

He is pretty damn quick and very agile. Very good hands, reminds me a bit of Shedda in this regard. Finds the footy for sure. Got heaps of it at WAFL Colts level, then followed up with similar numbers in the U/18 championship.

The main knock on him is that he is much more outside than inside as a player.

He did a knee last year, and hasn't played this year.

Rookie pick at best, but worth a look I reckon.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Jake Patmore is a 182cm midfielder who I saw play at Claremont in the colts a number of times but then exploded in the second half (21 touches in the 3rd qtr alone, finished with 42)
WTF! Did the kid bring his own footy n play on a side oval by himself during that third qtr before going back n rejoining the game?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

showed good signs in 2019 in the vfl but no games this year apart from the junk scrimmage games and the kids only 19 with no real chance to prove himself . 2 -3 years on a rookie list to develop would be great.

I reckon he's a chance. Clearly the AFL caved to the AFLPA being as they wanted list sizes below 40 with a 20% drop in TPP, whereas the AFLPA wanted 44 and 5%. Far far closer to the AFLPA.

I wonder when we delisted him what our thoughts were on list sizes. I think this is the first time we have seen variable list sizes so it'll be interesting to see what each club does. I suspect we will still go closer to 40, but if we can promote those that are being paid more than the rookie wage to the main list then its an option to take rookie picks. We ahve picked gold recently so I'd definitely be behind this strategy.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Reckon too that the Higgo move has given Turner an opportunity.
When Turner was delisted the club was probably planning on having little Jack on the books.
But the larger than expected list size and Higgins out gives Turner a rookie chance

Reactions: 3 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
turner needs to be back on list,19 years old still,got plenty of kids in 2021 will be in u/19s at 19s old,showed he had ability to play higher allready.
callow whos now 194cm got to remember played as a bottom ager,surly would of killed it even more in 2020,looks impressive to me,hands like a vice and his 20 metre sprint of 3.06 for a big guy is quite good.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
turner needs to be back on list,19 years old still,got plenty of kids in 2021 will be in u/19s at 19s old,showed he had ability to play higher allready.
callow whos now 194cm got to remember played as a bottom ager,surly would of killed it even more in 2020,looks impressive to me,hands like a vice and his 20 metre sprint of 3.06 for a big guy is quite good.
Who is this Callow Joker?

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
Who is this Callow Joker?
jackson callow a 194cm key forward from tasmania,similar to hawkins but without playing as a top ager makes some nervous,if you google highlights will come up, have heard tigers have some interest.

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
  • Love

Judge Smailes

The world needs ditch diggers too!
Dec 17, 2003
Adelaide

Always a fun read... footy!!! #gotiges

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
This kid.. like him.
Hope Tigers are seriously looking at him and falls at our pick.
Want him.

Thanks.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone know much about this guy? Sounds an excellent risk / reward pick we would take with an early 40's pick.

"
41. Richmond - Kaine Baldwin
Height, Weight:
193cm, 92kg
Profile: Suffering a second season-ending ACL, Baldwin is one of the most exciting players in this year's draft and if not for the second knee injury may have been in the top-10 draft mix. Dominating in the Under 16s, Baldwin has proven he is a strong marking force and damaging close to goal.
41. Richmond - Kaine Baldwin
Height, Weight:
193cm, 92kg
Profile: Suffering a second season-ending ACL, Baldwin is one of the most exciting players in this year's draft and if not for the second knee injury may have been in the top-10 draft mix. Dominating in the Under 16s, Baldwin has proven he is a strong marking force and damaging close to goal."

Number8

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
This kid.. like him.
Hope Tigers are seriously looking at him and falls at our pick.
Want him.

Thanks.
Agree, @waiting

As I mentioned in my draft write up, I think now is the ideal time to find a Jack R replacement.

Agree with some others here that the next best option is a pacy midfielder.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2014

Yeah, would have thought a team like North would add as delisted free agent.