Draft prospects 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2020

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Reef also has been training at Collingwood for years, its not like they haven't put the work into him for a while.
So what? They only got access to him because of a *smile* NGA rort. Why is he any different to any other kid that’s gotta make his way through the system. I wouldn’t have an issue if he migrated when he was 10 or 12 but I believe he’s lived here his whole life. He also goes to Scotch College. He’s hardly someone who needs help to get through the system. Same as Quaynor.

It’s a rort and Scumwood somehow managed to get access to arguably the strongest of the elite u/18 systems. No doubt a under the table deal by Eddie and Gil.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Cox or Kolar (NK) or Winder young Aboriginal lad from WA apparantly has some tricks and class .....thoughts.

Tiges have had a good strike rate from the West in recent years.

Baxter our academy kid for a rookie spot if we have one.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If the NGA was rolled out 12 months earlier, we’d have Jy Simpkin.

Don‘t forget, the NGA’s were only crated to counter the Northern States Academy System.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Don‘t forget, the NGA’s were only crated to counter the Northern States Academy System.
I don’t have an issue with the academies in northern states (except for the *smile* that was the Albury zone allocated to Giants; thankfully that rort was finally recognised and abolished). The game is still developing in QLD and NSW and anything that can be done to persuade kids to choose footy over the rugby codes can only help.

But clubs in the traditional states do not need NGAs.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Cox or Kolar (NK) or Winder young Aboriginal lad from WA apparantly has some tricks and class .....thoughts.

Tiges have had a good strike rate from the West in recent years.

Baxter our academy kid for a rookie spot if we have one.

Someone mentioned Baxter has given up footy for cricket. don't think he was tracking well enough to make it in AFL?

Reactions: 1 user

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009

Thankfully because of that timing we were able to draft Shai who was part of Freo's academy that same draft.

Not sure if it's just tiger Bias but I prefer Shai for sure.

Reactions: 4 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Connor Downie

Eastern Rangers, NAB League / Vermont FC

Height: 185cm

Weight: 82kg

31/05/02

Weapon: Explosive speed and raking left foot

Player comparison: Bachar Houli, Richmond

where will this guy go,always love pace with good kicking.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Connor Downie

Eastern Rangers, NAB League / Vermont FC

Height: 185cm

Weight: 82kg

31/05/02

Weapon: Explosive speed and raking left foot

Player comparison: Bachar Houli, Richmond

where will this guy go,always love pace with good kicking.
Hawks' NGA, doubt they will let him go elsewhere

Reactions: 1 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Matching a academy bid is a super farce,
If tigers had a potential number one academy player,then for stealing pick 1 we get a 20 percent discount making it about pick 6 ,why the hell would stealing pick 1 deserve a discount,if anything u should pay overs for moving up .

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Callow has incredible hands. Athleticism the worry.
Philosophical question
Does a key forward need burst speed in the modern age?
Most of the game they are outnumbered and blocked to the nth degree.
Getting separation in the crowd relies on smarts and footy guile.
So can we have a slow full forward who works all day, hits packs hard and clunks big grabs?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think Impey and Ratagalea would have also been part of our zone.

Was told Baxter had enough talent to get on a list, wether he made the grade or not is an entirely different question