Draft prospects 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2020

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Article about Jackson Callow in Today's Age. Keen on karting when younger but footy now suits his body size. Played in the Tas state league this year.
Really like this kid.
Develop in the VFL in 21 and you would hope the kid can come on in 22 ( if Jack R calls it a day ).

We do well with Tasmanian forwards.

Some highlights of his year.

Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Really like this kid.
Develop in the VFL in 21 and you would hope the kid can come on in 22 ( if Jack R calls it a day ).

We do well with Tasmanian forwards.

Some highlights of his year.

Decent size to him. Man-child. How will he translate that to AFL?

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Decent size to him. Man-child. How will he translate that to AFL?

Does read a bit like a Man-child which always worries me, it says he is not the most athletic player going around and not sure how many genuine one-on-ones you get in AFL these days so I would prefer someone more mobile.

STRENGTHS:

Contested marking
Strength
Leading patterns
Set shot goalkicking
One-on-ones

IMPROVEMENTS:

Agility
Athleticism

HIGHLIGHTED TESTING RESULTS:

2020 Preseason Testing:
Standing Vertical Jump – 61cm
Running Vertical Jump (R/L) – 63cm/64cm
Speed (20m) – 3.08 seconds
Agility – 9.00 seconds

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Will need to drop down to racing weight which will improve his speed and endurance.
Appears to have a funny gait/feet movement when running in to goal.

On the plus side in his highlights Callow displays football nous and anticipation (which is Jack,s best trick ~ seeing where the ball is going before anyone else)
So a footballing brain with good size and competitiveness. Good attributes for a key forward

Reactions: 5 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
As a final pick i would ve keen on Nick Martin.
Lets collect the set!

Nick Martin | Subiaco
3/04/2001 | 188cm | 81kg

A tall forward with good marking ability, Martin came on strongly as a 19-year-old prospect in 2020. He lead Subiaco’s goalkicking charts with a total of 13 and a full year of senior WAFL football has seen him stay in the draft conversation.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Trusting our recruiters were all over the U16's a couple of years ago and have identified some talent. The clubs with big recruiting resources who have invested in the younger age groups could benefit from this draft

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Does read a bit like a Man-child which always worries me, it says he is not the most athletic player going around and not sure how many genuine one-on-ones you get in AFL these days so I would prefer someone more mobile.

STRENGTHS:

Contested marking
Strength
Leading patterns
Set shot goalkicking
One-on-ones

IMPROVEMENTS:

Agility
Athleticism

2020 Preseason Testing:
Agility – 9.00 seconds
I wonder how his results compare with Riewoldt.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I wonder how his results compare with Riewoldt.

Searched for JR8 results but couldn't find them but what I did find was a phantom draft having Collingwood taking Jack @ pick #8 and Richmond taking Ben Reid @ pick #13 :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
As a final pick i would ve keen on Nick Martin.
Lets collect the set!

Nick Martin | Subiaco
3/04/2001 | 188cm | 81kg

A tall forward with good marking ability, Martin came on strongly as a 19-year-old prospect in 2020. He lead Subiaco’s goalkicking charts with a total of 13 and a full year of senior WAFL football has seen him stay in the draft conversation.

Think we will only pick two players in the Draft and hopefully MRJ goes as a Rookie, (although I'm sure someone will bid at some point).

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Searched for JR8 results but couldn't find them but what I did find was a phantom draft having Collingwood taking Jack @ pick #8 and Richmond taking Ben Reid @ pick #13, (a shame with the site experiencing some issues I am unable to attach an emoji to fit the purpose)
Couldn’t find any combine results either but did stumble across some quotes from a North Melbourne recruiter about Jack that have aged liked milk.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
So I read that Reef McInnes, tied to Scumwood NGA, played his junior footy at Surrey Park which is smack bang in the middle of Melbourne's reasonably well to do middle eastern suburbs. Yet as his mum was born in the Phillipines Scumwood can grab him as an NGA player.

The rort continues. What a *smile* joke. The sooner they get rid of these NGAs the better. At least get rid of the current format.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So I read that Reef McInnes, tied to Scumwood NGA, played his junior footy at Surrey Park which is smack bang in the middle of Melbourne's reasonably well to do middle eastern suburbs. Yet as his mum was born in the Phillipines Scumwood can grab him as an NGA player.

The rort continues. What a *smile* joke. The sooner they get rid of these NGAs the better. At least get rid of the current format.

The NGA is getting the flick in its current format but not until Bullies and Pies fill their booties, from next year 1st round NGA products cannot not be matched by aligned club.
Beyond 1st round I think the normal bidding system resumes?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

STRENGTHS:

Contested marking
Strength
Leading patterns
Set shot goalkicking
One-on-ones

IMPROVEMENTS:

Agility
Athleticism

2020 Preseason Testing:
Agility – 9.00 seconds
Bit of Shove Hawkins about him ..............man child.

Big Lad.

Will he have the sgility or speed required for the elite level?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Maybe its partial recognition that there are very few Asian background players, which doesnt reflect our society. Same for African etc
The intent to attract newcomers to the sport.
No surprise that clubs would use it and rprt it.
Dangerous territory

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Reef also has been training at Collingwood for years, its not like they haven't put the work into him for a while.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Reef also has been training at Collingwood for years, its not like they haven't put the work into him for a while.
How would you rate him?
Seems to have speed but maybe not the workrate (keyboard assessment)