Draft prospects 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2020

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
The interesting thing with trading into next year’s draft is how each club weighs the risk of next year’s draft also being disrupted.

Whether it’s Victoria, NSW, WA, or multiple states; further waves are likely. But everyone will have their own thoughts on that likelihood.

Personally I think it’s highly likely that next year’s draft will be disrupted in some form or another. If so, depending on when/where/how long, the Victorian kids could essentially have missed most of their U17’s and U18’s. Some of those kids will never make up that lost development, so it’s not just a challenge for recruiters.

But at the very least, recruiters could be making their judgments after 2 full years, possibly, of disruptions and multiple asterisks next to whatever numbers they’ve finely tuned to aid their ranking process. Next year’s draft could end up the weakest in modern history. That’s a risk for us if we trade ahead.

Whatever future trading we might do, we should at least use this logic as a bargaining chip to maximise the value of this year’s picks.
I think one of the reasons were looking at trading into next years draft . ...( we have already have the Saints 2nd 2021 pick ) is to do with the age of our list . Were looking at having a few great players retire in 2021 and esp in 2022 /23 . Our list and cap will open up a bit . So were going to need young players coming up at the right time to replace our retirees ..

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I think one of the reasons were looking at trading into next years draft . ...( we have already have the Saints 2nd 2021 pick ) is to do with the age of our list . Were looking at having a few great players retire in 2021 and esp in 2022 /23 . Our list and cap will open up a bit . So were going to need young players coming up at the right time to replace our retirees ..
We also have Gold Coast's 3rd rounder received
for Markov trade

2021 picks

1 x 1st rounder - Richmonds selection
2 x 2nd round picks - Richmond & St Kilda's picks
2 x 3rd round picks - Richmond & Gold Coast picks
1 x 4th round pick - Richmond pick

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
With the Vaccine being rolled out and the likely chance that Australia will start vaccinating march/april as well as the cases being as low as they are in australia i think it will be seen to be safe to continue and the season will be pretty well good to go in 2021

I hope so anyway

No chance
People will start arriving from overseas.
They want the tennis.
Will they have the Grand prix?
They are playing with fire.
Overseas travellers should be only for returning Australians.
There's no need for the tennis or Grand prix.
Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 3 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Really wondering why its taking so long to start vaccinating people in europe , specially the elderly and the high risk front line workers
Its been over a year and the vaccine is ready . Just do it

It actually has to be manufactured and distributed first turk

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Crazy year in Afl.
Still think it is a great opportunity if we have two mid 2021 season picks in hand.
Essentially we would be picking up two future 2021 first round picks for junk picks.

I would back the recruiters to find two late blossoming bolters that they have watched play in 2021.

• Wow

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I like everything I read about Jack Carroll but can't find a single highlight of his. Quick, wins the ball on the inside and good by hand and foot.

Like Shai Bolton, he's a December baby so he's super young. I like that, loads of improvement left in him. And is already performing at a high level of an underage mid. Elite decision maker who wins 60% of his possessions contested. That's huge. Great leap and brisk over 20 meter.

I'm warming on a kid I've never seen quick a ball. 2020 coming at you.
I’d be happy.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I like everything I read about Jack Carroll but can't find a single highlight of his. Quick, wins the ball on the inside and good by hand and foot.

Like Shai Bolton, he's a December baby so he's super young. I like that, loads of improvement left in him. And is already performing at a high level of an underage mid. Elite decision maker who wins 60% of his possessions contested. That's huge. Great leap and brisk over 20 meter.

I'm warming on a kid I've never seen quick a ball. 2020 coming at you.
No highlight reel, but some stats, description etc

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The guide post 15 picks is such a mixed bag. No wonder we have no idea who the club will pick.
AFL draft central has Nathan ODriscoll rated at #14, and he was rated #10 in October. Since then he went to the combine and , quote,
"returned some outstanding results across the board at the WA Draft Combine; namely a 6:23 2km time, and 2.931 seconds over 20 metres"
I would be happy with him
I'm interested in Twomey's ratings, Dell, because he gets scoop from the players. I don't think he has any idea other than that.

Doerre is interesting because he does his own ratings but by and large if they have no skin in the game their ratings are very poor in my estimation.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I'm interested in Twomey's ratings, Dell, because he gets scoop from the players. I don't think he has any idea other than that.

Doerre is interesting because he does his own ratings but by and large if they have no skin in the game their ratings are very poor in my estimation.
I was thinking this watching the draft last night. To me it was clear the clubs' resources and the media's speculation as to where the potential draftees were ranked prior to the draft was clearly no where near one another. Of course the circumstances surrounding this year's draft was unprecedented which would largely explain why there was such a huge discrepancy between the two on this occasion in particular

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I was thinking this watching the draft last night. To me it was clear the clubs' resources and the media's speculation as to where the potential draftees were ranked prior to the draft was clearly no where near one another. Of course the circumstances surrounding this year's draft was unprecedented which would largely explain why there was such a huge discrepancy between the two on this occasion in particular

It was pretty clear once you got past the 1st 12 or so picks, everyone had such different views of the players due to limited playing time or limited time watching interstate players. I'll hazard a bet that some of the interstate players picked up late will end up good pickups, as the interstate clubs will have been able to see them much more than clubs out of those states so they would have a much better understanding of their qualities.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This has been going on to a decreasing extent since Anthony Banik, toothful.

Tim Taranto was rated by the unpaid, what, 30? A fortnight before the draft? They had him 8 on draft day. Clear #1.

The great unpaid are believed by the trusting many. Fair enough. Doerre has been twelve years demonstrating his superior acumen to the paid-to-draft. Yet is still not paid to draft.

Twomey? Yeah, nah. Emma Quayle got a job. I hope she earns a promotion.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I think we might wait wait until the mid season draft

Wouldnt mind if we asked Josh Green & Liam Kolar we should be looking at Josh Green for our VFL side if not the AFL side

Would be good to get him with 1 eye on getting Tom

wayno

Tiger Rookie
Nov 3, 2004
Melbourne
The following players have been invited by Richmond to train:

Richmond: Nick Couroupis (West Adelaide), Josh Green (Marist AFC, ACT), Rhyan Mansell (Woodville-West Torrens), Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (Tigers)

• Wow

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think we might wait wait until the mid season draft

Wouldnt mind if we asked Josh Green & Liam Kolar we should be looking at Josh Green for our VFL side if not the AFL side

Would be good to get him with 1 eye on getting Tom
Might keep a space open for one at least.

Might be room for both if Syd gets the arse.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
dont think we will re pick egg,mansell( a certainty),2nd spot is harder as green could lead to his brother getting enticed back to where he belongs,at richmond.