DRAW 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DRAW 2023

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
R16 - Thurs June 29 v Brisbane (Gabba)
R17 - Thurs July 6 v Sydney (MCG)
R18 - Sun July 16 v WC (Optus Stadium)
R19 - Sat July 22 v Hawthorn (MCG)
R20 - Sun July 30 v Melbourne (MCG)
R21 - Fri Aug 4 v Western Bulldogs (Marvel)
R22 - Sun Aug 13 v St Kilda (Marvel)
R23 - Sat Aug 19 v Nth Melb (MCG)
R24 - TBA v Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
What a *smile* of a FIX.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Was waiting for this to be released so I could book my world cup flights and hotels. Glad I waited as I can work both the Dogs and North games around my flights now. Will miss the Hawks and Saints games unfortunately.

Looking at the fixture, I would suggest the Womens World Cup is probably why we didn’t get more Thursday night games. The last Thursday night game of the season is on July 13 and the women’s world cup starts on July 20. The Matildas first 2 games fall on July 20 and 27 (both Thursday nights) and CH7 (and Optus Sport) hold the TV rights for this tournament.

So with that in mind, I got lucky when it comes to clashes with the WWC games I am attending. It’s worked out pretty well for me:

- Matildas v Ireland in Sydney on Thursday July 20: No Richmond clash.
- I leave for Townsville for 4 days on Sunday July 23 in lieu of Matildas v Nigeria in Brisbane: Richmond v Hawthorn play on Saturday July 22 (no clash).
- Matildas v Nigeria on Thursday July 27: No Richmond clash (We play Melbourne on Sunday the 30th).
- Matildas v Canada on July 31 in Melbourne is on a Monday and there was never a threat of a clash.
- Our Round of 16 game is on Monday August 7. If we top the group and play in Sydney, i would be driving up to Sydney on Sunday August 6 (We play Footscray away on Friday August 4, so there is no clash).
- WWC Final on Sunday August 20 in Sydney. I have a morning flight. We play Norf on Saturday August 19 (no clash).

And even the St Kilda game being on Sunday August 13. I wouldn’t have been able to make it had the game been on Saturday August 12 (not related to the WWC, although one of the Quarter Finals is in Sydney on this Day).

I think I’ll keep an eye out fore cheap tix through Telstra for the bulldogs and St Kilda away games.

The destruction of Saturday footy continues

BuT bUt BuT, At LeAsT tHe GrAnD fInAl StAys At 2:30Pm On A SAtUrDaY!!!

That’s what the AFL will argue.

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Looking at the fixture, I would suggest the Womens World Cup is probably why we didn’t get more Thursday night games. The last Thursday night game of the season is on July 13 and the women’s world cup starts on July 20. The Matildas first 2 games fall on July 20 and 27 (both Thursday nights) and CH7 (and Optus Sport) hold the TV rights for this tournament.

So with that in mind, I got lucky when it comes to clashes with the WWC games I am attending. It’s worked out pretty well for me:

- Matildas v Ireland in Sydney on Thursday July 20: No Richmond clash.
- I leave for Townsville for 4 days on Sunday July 23 in lieu of Matildas v Nigeria in Brisbane: Richmond v Hawthorn play on Saturday July 22 (no clash).
- Matildas v Nigeria on Thursday July 27: No Richmond clash (We play Melbourne on Sunday the 30th).
- Matildas v Canada on July 31 in Melbourne is on a Monday and there was never a threat of a clash.
- Our Round of 16 game is on Monday August 7. If we top the group and play in Sydney, i would be driving up to Sydney on Sunday August 6 (We play Footscray away on Friday August 4, so there is no clash).
- WWC Final on Sunday August 20 in Sydney. I have a morning flight. We play Norf on Saturday August 19 (no clash).

And even the St Kilda game being on Sunday August 13. I wouldn’t have been able to make it had the game been on Saturday August 12 (not related to the WWC, although one of the Semi Finals is in Sydney on this Day).

I think I’ll keep an eye out fore cheap tix through Telstra for the bulldogs and St Kilda away games.

BuT bUt BuT, At LeAsT tHe GrAnD fInAl StAys At 2:30Pm On A SAtUrDaY!!!

That’s what the AFL will argue.

Looks like it worked out better for you.

- I have Englands first game in Brisbane on 22nd July, we play the Hawks the same day.
- I have the last 16 game that could be England v Australia (I'm hoping anyway) on Monday 7th August, we play the Dogs Friday night so we will fly up Saturday I think. 1 think that *smile* me about this is, I thought I'd planned it really well, my kids will miss school on the Monday as its in QLD, but thought with a 5.30 kick off, we'd have time to get back to the airport for a flight around 9.30/10 only to find that on that Monday there are no flights after 9pm!! Every other day there are, so we will have to fly out at 6 am Tuesday morning.
- I have the QF on that same side of the draw - 12th August in Sydney so will miss the Saints game on the Sunday
- Better on the Final weekend. We have North at 1.45 on the Saturday so we will fly out straight after the game as the final is on the Sunday.

I'll take 2 misses out of 4 though.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
- I have the last 16 game that could be England v Australia (I'm hoping anyway) on Monday 7th August, we play the Dogs Friday night so we will fly up Saturday I think. 1 think that *smile* me about this is, I thought I'd planned it really well, my kids will miss school on the Monday as its in QLD, but thought with a 5.30 kick off, we'd have time to get back to the airport for a flight around 9.30/10 only to find that on that Monday there are no flights after 9pm!! Every other day there are, so we will have to fly out at 6 am Tuesday morning.

I have hedged my bets by getting tickets to both round of 16 games on August 7 in Sydney and Brisbane.

I have booked flights for Brisbane, which I will write off (or try to sell) if we end up playing in Sydney.

I have also booked accomm with free cancellation for both and i will cancel 1 once the result is known.

- I have the QF on that same side of the draw - 12th August in Sydney so will miss the Saints game on the Sunday

Spewing about not being able to do a quarter final, but its the 10 year anniversary of my dads passing (and my birthday). It couldn't be done.

I'll take 2 misses out of 4 though.

Honestly, I didn't care if i missed Richmond games. Its a once in a lifetime thing.

I might boycott the Thursday night home game against the Swans anyway. At some point i need to stand by my principles.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Honestly, I didn't care if i missed Richmond games. Its a once in a lifetime thing.
Yeah I was kind of of the same views. Similar with the cost. Its potentially the only time in our lifetimes that a football world cup will be played in Australia so to me it was a no brainer.

H tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 3, 2005
Miami style bling bling
FMD. Thursday at the Gabba. 29th June too. I'm an accountant and 30 June is one of my biggest days. Can't be hung over. Couldn't make it Saturday could you AFL you *smile* munchers
I feel the same BT. I fly into Brisbane from the US (where I live) on the 30th. I told my wife when we booked, nothing surer than the Gabba game being played on the Thursday now. I hate the 'floating' fixture.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
What a *smile* show this fixture is.

Next 4 matches we have 3 interstate trips.
(of course there is a bye in there to slightly offset the rogering we are about to receive.)
Including back to back trips starting this week.
If you extend it out further we have 4 interstate trips in next 6 matches.

Luckily the fixture is fair for everybody, right?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

(of course there is a bye in there to slightly offset the rogering we are about to receive.)

Not for us. We're forced to go interstate at least 6 times per season no matter where we finish on ladder. Next 2 in a row interstate.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

This is the time of the season I hate. Byes coming up, which means split rounds and the return of Thursday night footy. It always destroys the momentum of the season.

What’s worse is that we always seem to get interstate trips around the bye, so we end up missing multiple games. Maybe it’s a good thing for those of us who have suffered through the last 6 weeks.

I wonder if people who originally supported Gather Round and an extra home and away game, now think it’s a good idea in the knowledge that’s its not yet winter and our season is already over?

On another note, I have decided not to attend the Thursday night home game against the Swans. It’s a small gesture of protest, but sometimes standing by your principles is more important (something I have been doing a lot of this year).

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Ahh fuggit! Just realised that we're into the *smile* can weeks that are the "bye rounds", aren't we. Worst three weeks of footy during the regular season.

Oh well - At least this weekend I get to see the Tiges live and in person when they play GWS. First time I've been to a game since the Covid shutdown.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Ahh fuggit! Just realised that we're into the *smile* can weeks that are the "bye rounds", aren't we. Worst three weeks of footy during the regular season.

Oh well - At least this weekend I get to see the Tiges live and in person when they play GWS. First time I've been to a game since the Covid shutdown.
Four straight weeks of byes JJT

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
With R24 to be released today, Ralph Malph says Cartoon v Giants at 6:00pm Sunday night !!! Oh the excitement!!

Doubt this would be the 'wildcard playoff' they're fantasising about.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Sunday night at Docklands, against an interstate club.

Good one, AFL. Never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

I'd be challenging that if I was running Carlton.

Thank you and f*** you, AFL.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Sunday night at Docklands, against an interstate club.

Good one, AFL. Never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

I'd be challenging that if I was running Carlton.

Thank you and f*** you, AFL.

Well I reckon our game for early Sunday afternoon is just as bad - we normally have some great close games against port.

How on earth does Essendon get Friday night - they are as boring as bat sh!te to watch so that’s one game I won’t watch.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Well I reckon our game for early Sunday afternoon is just as bad - we normally have some great close games against port.

How on earth does Essendon get Friday night - they are as boring as bat sh!te to watch so that’s one game I won’t watch.
Agree on all counts.

'Kissed on the d1ck' is Essendon's middle name, always has been.