DRAW 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DRAW 2023

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Probably playing in Sydney on July 21 or August 19/20 would suit me better (or QLD on July 28).

How did you come to the conclusion @mrposhman is talking about golf? :unsure:
Not too sure Ian.
The title seemed to indicate golf but maybe it is football.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Surely they aren't going to persist with the draw being released in six week cycles!!!!???

Why?????

The great plague has ended so TV ratings aside what is the excuse???

The AFL draw always came out for the full year which allowed FANS to plan and snap up airfares/hotels at reasonable prices

EFF you AFL if you persist with this farce in 2023!!!

Reactions: 2 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Surely they aren't going to persist with the draw being released in six week cycles!!!!???

Why?????

The great plague has ended so TV ratings aside what is the excuse???

The AFL draw always came out for the full year which allowed FANS to plan and snap up airfares/hotels at reasonable prices

EFF you AFL if you persist with this farce in 2023!!!
It may have been a seniors' moment, but I thought I recalled reading somewhere that for 2023 it was planned to release the full fixture with times and venues locked in except for round 23.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It may have been a seniors' moment, but I thought I recalled reading somewhere that for 2023 it was planned to release the full fixture with times and venues locked in except for round 23.
There just gonna release times and dates up to R15 and then it's rolling again:rolleyes:. For some reason it won't be released until late Nov.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There just gonna release times and dates up to R15 and then it's rolling again:rolleyes:. For some reason it won't be released until late Nov.
I believe that the fixture after R15 to the end of the season (excluding R23) will be released in full at about R10

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Might be my seniors moment too, keep thinking they wanted to go to a rolling fixture to get a better draw and less rubbish games.
Not that I like it either, throws the planning out the window for 6-9 months ahead :bash

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Why Gil why?

What a laugh at Carltony wanting blockbusters.... :mhihi
Think the AFL draft is 28-29 November and then they'll release the draw after that's done.

Everyone's probably toing and froing for 'we want Pies and Tiges' and AFL trying to keep them happy.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
THink the AFL draft is 28-29 November and then they'll release the draw after that's done.

Everyone's probably toing and froing for 'we want Pies and Tiges' and AFL trying to keep them happy.
What's the draft got to do with the draw?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
April 24 next year is a Monday which is a long weekend with that gap (Melb Cup style), so it's best to plan a sickie for the night game against Boringbourne.
Ooooh perfect. Just gunna bung in an RDO for the Monday n a proper long weekend is organised

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
And I thought Posh was lucky!!
Living on the Gold Coast must be heaven.
Spent a lot of time on the Sunshine Coast on holidays so can appreciate your lifestyle *smile*.
I grew up in Wagga and spent 4 years in Warrnambool so I know what the colds like. Perfect weather up here is great and the Goldy is a good place to live.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Is the delay in the fixture due to B Scott upping and leaving? He would have engineered the draw.

Normally it's in between trade week and the draft to keep the media momentum going. Maybe AFLW helps with that so happy to keep it going into December?

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Is the delay in the fixture due to B Scott upping and leaving? He would have engineered the draw.

Magic round would be taking some work I'd imagine.

I grew up in Wagga and spent 4 years in Warrnambool so I know what the colds like. Perfect weather up here is great and the Goldy is a good place to live.

Best thing I ever did was buy an apartment on Main Beach several years ago. Makes enough return just in the December school holidays each year to pay for itself.

How do you find the summers? I'm planning on moving there semi-permanently in 2024 but not sure about the humidity.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Magic round would be taking some work I'd imagine.

Best thing I ever did was buy an apartment on Main Beach several years ago. Makes enough return just in the December school holidays each year to pay for itself.

How do you find the summers? I'm planning on moving there semi-permanently in 2024 but not sure about the humidity.
I spent a few years in Darwin so the humidity doesn’t really bother me. A lot of people do battle with the humidity but it’s only for a few months.
From April til now has been perfect. 22-23 most days. It’s just hitting 30 this week.
It’s a good lifestyle all year round.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I could never live in QLD. The humidity in summer would drive me insane. Winter is SE QLD is sensational but I actually don't mind cold weather so Melbourne's climate is okay by me. Let's face it by northern hemisphere standards our winters are a long way from cold. Plus I like the fact that we actually have four seasons (sometimes all in one day!).

I have lived in Sydney and spent a lot of time in all major cities in Australia. Melbourne is far from perfect but IMHO, despite the impact of the pandemic, it is still hands down the best city in Australia in which to live.

Reactions: 1 users