Drugs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Drugs

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Neil Mitchell this morning says he has heard the AFL have investigated two cases of drug use by AFL players. The two players allegedly are Hawks players - both players have signed stat decs to say they have not taken drugs. They allegedly have taken a human growth hormone which is very hard to trace.

The AFL have decided to take no action as they believe the allegations are false and has found no evidence to make charges.

Stay tuned - i don't think Neil is finished with this one yet.

Tassie27

Come and give me a kiss!!
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I actually heard a rumour about one particular Hawthorn player and drug abuse from a very reliable source. I didn't mention it here because I am cautious of slander if it turns out to be untrue. I will be very interested to see whether one of these players is the same one that I have in mind.

A

admin

Looks like we mightn't find out who the accused were unless Eddie opens the footy show with the "scoop."

This seems to have been kept under wraps unusually well for any scandal in the footy industry.

I haven't even read a hint of who the two players involved are.

Just thinking of the top 10 players for the other thread, I can't help wonder what Justin Charles could have been if he didn't stuff up.

At least he played like he actually loved the game. Rodan's big smile and exuberance remind me a bit of Charlesy when he did something good with the ball.

It's so good to watch players who genuinely look to enjoy themself out there.

Tassie27

Come and give me a kiss!!
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I loved the way Justin put his hand across his chest when they played the national anthem during the '95 finals' series. I guess he learned that when he played baseball in the US.