• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Dustin Martin’s bikie dad claims Aboriginal heritage in bid to return (HS)

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Claiming? No proof required, just the Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas yarn n job's done? Glad I'm ******* old n won't have to live through this dribble much longer.
Think you'll find Lee used a wee bit of creative licence when he inserted the word "claiming".

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Think you'll find Lee used a wee bit of creative licence when he inserted the word "claiming".
Yep, facts are a bit of a side issue for Lee2Roachy.

black fellas guard native title claimant status as fiercely as they should.

If you are listed as a claimant, you're black.

but not being listed as a claimant doesn't make you not black, for a myriad of reasons.

But I dont expect L2 to even attempt to understand that.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Claiming? No proof required, just the Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas yarn n job's done? Glad I'm ******* old n won't have to live through this dribble much longer.
Thanks to modern medicine you’ll probably live to 150.
Suck eggs!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It means you can be born in another country and not be an Australian citizen, yet be protected by Australian law on account of the race you identify with. It sets a very dangerous legal precedent.

Why shouldn't Dusty's father apply to have his expulsion overturned, given he has the required documentation and acknowledgement from Aboriginal groups?
All of which has diddly-squat to do with your statement that you just have to claim to be aboriginal.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It means you can be born in another country and not be an Australian citizen, yet be protected by Australian law on account of the race you identify with. It sets a very dangerous legal precedent.
not really dangerous at all.

there's only 700,000 Aussie black fellas on the planet

and 699,000 of them are being disrespected on home turf

I dont think there are going to be waves of indigenous identifiers arriving by boat. The vast majority are driving ****** commodores and magnas around the back country right here.

The odd white South African may get off the plane and claim to be black, but it'd be pretty rare. And you could argue that an Afrikaner claiming to black deserves a ticket anyway.

so, yeah, great line for 2GB L2, the 'dangerous precedent', but in reality, it's not.

so,

Reactions: 1 users

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I assume you're required to provide a degree of supporting evidence, which Martin senior did. Now that the government has no legal right to deport Aboriginals, why shouldn't he apply for the decision to be overturned?
He can apply, still has to prove aboriginality.

So yes, your statement that you just have to "claim" aboriginality is BS.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
My understanding was to be recognised as Aboriginal if you haven't been previously you need to present your case the Elders Council from whichever region you are native to for their approval.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
PS - this ruling only applies to aboriginal people born outside Australia so the numbers eligible who were at threat of being deported would be pretty tiny.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Thanks to modern medicine you’ll probably live to 150.
Suck eggs!
Beer, Bourbon, Whisky n various liqueurs be the only medications I require. They can bash all them other chemicals n preservatives where the sun don't shine, I'd rather cark it early then spend sixty or seventy years as a permanent dribbly drooly.
Dribbly drooling for a couple of hours after consuming to much self medication is however permissible on rare occasions.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
not really dangerous at all.

there's only 700,000 Aussie black fellas on the planet

and 699,000 of them are being disrespected on home turf

I dont think there are going to be waves of indigenous identifiers arriving by boat. The vast majority are driving ****** commodores and magnas around the back country right here.

The odd white South African may get off the plane and claim to be black, but it'd be pretty rare. And you could argue that an Afrikaner claiming to black deserves a ticket anyway.

so, yeah, great line for 2GB L2, the 'dangerous precedent', but in reality, it's not.

so,
Wasn't there a black African some years back got himself elected up as a tribal elder in QLD?? He was all over the media for a while, doing plenty of agitating n Native titling etc.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It's one law for you, another for me. Legally-enshrined apartheid. It's as dangerous as all ****.

If you can't see that, you're stupid; if you can't acknowledge it, you're being disingenuous.
its about as far from apartheid as Mason Cox is from Dustin Martin.

and happy to be stupid and disingenuous on L2GB

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Wasn't there a black African some years back got himself elected up as a tribal elder in QLD?? He was all over the media for a while, doing plenty of agitating n Native titling etc.
I think you might be confusing that with A Current Affairs exposé on Alan Jones allegedly masquerading as a youngish orifice in an English toilet TM?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
I think you might be confusing that with A Current Affairs exposé on Alan Jones allegedly masquerading as a youngish orifice in an English toilet TM?
Was he youngish once? Pretty sure he's always been an orifice.