Dustin Martin missed All Australian selection in 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin missed All Australian selection in 2019

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Did you regret that thing that you did? It's just you and the fireplace. Coals blackening. Logs waining. Cut branches undecided.

Your happy memories have gone to bed. The dog is a year dead and you can face your failures. You can come clean with yourself.

Embers glow brighter and with a breath from you would warm and eventually ignite the branch above. You draw on your glass. And wait for the fire that will happen without your intervention.

There was a time when you believed in a God. When your failures could be forgiven. And your vanity was a diagnosis or a sin, something with a cure or maybe forgiveness.

You regret those things that you did. You can say that now. You grieve.

And the embers light up. And you hear a rush of air down the chimney. The sound of dread at first, hollow and foreboding. The trees outside the window and beyond usher, then whisper. The embers burst into flame. And ignite the branch above.

Forget your prayers. Blaspheme. Say the sound of the chimney, of the trees. Of the embers flashing.

Say the sound of the wind - Dustin Martin.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Brilliant Jack. If I actually knew the names of any great poets I’d call you by that name.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Thank you, Riddles. I'm trying to find a little bit of form.

Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I'm as shocked by Dusty's inclusion this year as I was by his omission last year.

AA officially stands for All Askew.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm as shocked by Dusty's inclusion this year as I was by his omission last year.

AA officially stands for All Askew.

Dusty's inclusion this year is based on his 3 finals games in 2019. I suspect his inclusion in next years AA team will be the same.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Dusty's inclusion this year is based on his 3 finals games in 2019. I suspect his inclusion in next years AA team will be the same.
Spot on. AA needs to be moved to Grand Final week. Finals performances have to be factored in.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Brilliant Jack. If I actually knew the names of any great poets I’d call you by that name.
Something reminiscent of The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock, so I'm calling T.S. Eliot with the chimney metaphor and allusions to "burnt out ends of smoky days." Great work, Jack.