Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
So Dusty is on 291 games and needs to miss 2 so he doesn't play his 300th at GMHBA or AO the week after the Cats game.
ATM by missing this week's game V Swans he will play his 300th V Crows at AO, so pencil in another missed game before the Crows game. Dusty will then play his 300th game V Hawks at the MCG "Tigers home game".
That does make some sense, AT. I also think this points more to Dusty hanging up the boots at seasons end.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
He attended 4 CB on the weekend! 4, when we were missing Dion & Hopper. Hard to understand.

If he was great in the Carlton game I would have predicetd we would win. Reckon he has been a slightly different player since that lacerated kidney.

Still does stuff not many can do, but my personal expectations of what we will get from him are a lot lower now.

Not sure the further accentuated running game style doesn't really suit him, he's much more effective when there is lots of confusion & chaos & contests. This boring uncontested marking, chip kick, stand, run run run, switch chip kick stand, run run run crap is for athlete's not footballers.

He has to play, but doubt he drags us over the line like he once did.
IMO he's pretty much the same, robbed blind of AA last year, bit older, but he won't drag us over the line like he once did mostly because the team isn't as good. Simple.

I thought he kept us in the Carlton game. You may have a point re, running v chaos, but I think there's still enough chaos to go around, and if there isn't, he'll adapt.

He's still a star, but even if he wasn't I find this idea that a player gets past their peak so they are useless, which is what the media seem to be saying. All players have a trajectory with a peak in the middle, and we all do too in our careers, its just life. The old people who have taught me my trades may not have been as quick or as strong but they were critical parts of the team.

Dusty won't hang around when his time is up, but he's not even close yet IMO. I just want to enjoy watching him play for as long as possible.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
We’ve got him wrapped up for the father and son picks
Just got to get him out into the paddock.

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Just waiting for the social media keyboard warriors to start posting rumours as to Dusty's calf injury...

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
Gotta feeling he'll play his 300th and final game against the Blooze in R16 at the G (our home game)

We have back2back home games v hawks and Blues. Think it'll be V Hawks better chance of getting the W for Dustys 300th. But if it happens to be the week after V Blues lock in 95K. Last game? hope not, i do believe Dusty still has a lot to offer and loves playing. Guess we'll learn more as the season progresses.