Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Quickdraw said:
Won't win a Brownlow because he's got enough mongrel about him to put the white maggots off.

Hasn't done too badly in the medal count last 3 years. Last year 7th with 21 votes. If he continues to improve he'll give it a very good shake.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
HR said:
Good to see dusty show a bit of mongrel once the ball was out of play. Reacting or instigating shows some passion and something we have none of from any others. Wish griffo would rag doll some pests occasionally as well.

Griffo had a nice old tussle with kruizer at some point. He has a bit of mongrel.

Edit - I know it's pre fashion to label griffo soft. I'd be jumping the fence and exiting the ground in a big hurry if I found myself in the forward pocket in a n afl game as would most of us who post here.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
fastin bulbous said:
Griffo had a nice old tussle with kruizer at some point. He has a bit out of mongrel.
Agree fast bulbous, he did have a couple of tussles throughout. My point is more along the lines of griff needs to instigate a bit of mongrel what i recall was cfc holding on late causing an arse of themselves and griff reacting. Rather than griff polishing off an opponent running back to the ruck like nothing had happened. Oh and while im at it, when are we going to protect our own, i watched cfc hold and scrag throughout the night often after the ball was out of play. Cotchin copped it, then get a soft free against after a soft reaction, miles copped it and, edwards copped it and looked to accept it. This is when a second man in needs to smash the low life from the side and let them know we are the tigers and you dont get away with it. You might try but youll come off second best. Everytime. Dont get sucked in suck them in.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Smoking Aces said:
Favorite player by far. Was with Carlton supporters today and they are in awe of him

Was talking to one after the game. Apart from blaming umpires (!) the one Richmond thing he praised was Martin... "We just couldn't tackle the bastard."

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
poppa x said:
Before scaling the heights of Lethal, Dusty has to climb the ladder to Riccuito.
He's getting there.
Was always a fan of the Rooshooter, played footy the way it was meant to be played. Dusty shouldn't have to many problems standing alongside him on the comparison charts.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Good to see this photo of Dusty front and centre on the HS site, in relation to the RCH appeal. He can do with some positive press.

f9a2e8e4bc6368d304e5827b0b9a1425

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There is a myth around that because of the way Dusty looks he is a dirty player but the truth is that he is primarily a ball player and if anything i would like to see Dusty more aggressive on the field. I think he is getting there and seems to have a big more mongrel these days.

The fend off and the inability for anyone to tackle him is because he is so strong but I have never seen Dusty hit anyone on the field nor have I seen even a head high tackle from him.

I have $50 on him for the Brownlow this year and i would also love to see him win a B&F

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Charged in like a bull at the first bounce on Thursday. Liked it.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
22nd Man said:
20 then = 30 now.

Not quite. Dale Weightman for example in 80-81 averaged 24 disposals. For much of his career he averaged over 20 disposals whereas for most of Matthews career he averaged below 20 disposals. Not because he wasn't a great midfielder but because he spent a higher proportion of his time in the forward line.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Sintiger said:
There is a myth around that because of the way Dusty looks he is a dirty player but the truth is that he is primarily a ball player and if anything i would like to see Dusty more aggressive on the field. I think he is getting there and seems to have a big more mongrel these days.

The fend off and the inability for anyone to tackle him is because he is so strong but I have never seen Dusty hit anyone on the field nor have I seen even a head high tackle from him.

I have $50 on him for the Brownlow this year and i would also love to see him win a B&F
He's tough and he's hard. I'm sure some of those don't argues hurt, but he's not and never has been dirty. I think he's only been reported twice in his career thus far.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sintiger said:

Yep, a few opponents have tried him on to see whether he's all show and he's responded, but he's rarely the aggressor.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
best don't arguer in the game - ever. Someone should put a compilation of all his don't argues in a clip

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
tigersnake said:
Yeah thank christ for that. Good to see Prez Peggy sticking up for him this week too. Good stuff

This.. Bang on and well done Peggy