Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The Watchmen a few years back was pretty good I thought - but then not a typical superhero movie.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
antman said:
The Watchmen a few years back was pretty good I thought - but then not a typical superhero movie.
Wrong thread dude....but yes, I agree.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Tigers of Old said:
They are not alone. Dusty is a beast with the footy.
That said I still think he needs to work harder when he doesn't have the ball.
I reckon even this year (in the NAB games and Game 1) that I've noticed an improvement here with Dusty.
I've seen him really trying to tackle more - and attempt to tackle - and do more harassing and putting pressure on the opposition when they have the ball.
Certainly in the past he was a bit casual and had a tendency to jog along behind rather than really chase the bloke with the ball.
Have you or anyone else noticed this?

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Did notice that Martin was more present in and around more contests than perhaps has been previously.
As his confidence grows he might be starting to appreciate how much of a presence and therefore an influence he can have over contests and ultimately games.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I'm not really sure why the Dustin Martin thread is on page three of PRE tonight.

I thought he became a champion on 02 April 2016.

Not much of a promotion in the eyes of many but this old bloke noticed and was grateful.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Is getting better all the time, yet to show his full repertoire or worth ... has got more to give I believe before he gets to the champion status, of which he is surely capable.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Would be even better if he stopped those pissy little stab kicks he does.Dusty you have one of the longest kicks in the game - use it for Christ sake!!

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Like others made costly blues in front of goal.

Kicks bananas when a simple left foot snap would suffice.

Was good on the night but like pretty much everyone made mistakes which when added to all the others cost us 4 points.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
And to think we almost lost him for nothing.
Typical RFC keep garbage and try and off load quality

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
toby64 said:
Like others made costly blues in front of goal.

Kicks bananas when a simple left foot snap would suffice.

Was good on the night but like pretty much everyone made mistakes which when added to all the others cost us 4 points.

One of the bananas was fair enough and he kicks them often. The other should have just kicked with his left. Other then that he was brilliant. I'd say Martin kept us in it, not cost us 4 points.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
tigerlove said:
One of the bananas was fair enough and he kicks them often. The other should have just kicked with his left. Other then that he was brilliant. I'd say Martin kept us in it, not cost us 4 points.
Close to best on for us.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
What a beast. His finishing lets him down at times but cant wait until someone like Yarran running through the middle receiving it off Dusty after 3 don't argues

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Martin is able to perform within Handbrakes constipated game plan because he has the strength in his don't argues to break down the wall. It seems every time he gets the ball he has to swat away opponents.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Harry said:
It seems every time he gets the ball he has to swat away opponents.

last night at one point he had three Pies all over him - and he got pinged for "incorrect disposal". mmmm...

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Dyer'ere said:
I'm not really sure why the Dustin Martin thread is on page three of PRE tonight.

I thought he became a champion on 02 April 2016.

Not much of a promotion in the eyes of many but this old bloke noticed and was grateful.

Its been this way throughout his career. I dont get it, must be the tats or some deep seated hate for guys like him. The old too many checksides whinge has made multiple appearnces tonight and he only had one that didnt come off :blah