Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Martin is an unbelievable player really. Can make a blue like all but some of the long range passing, vision and handballing in close, preparedness to run and goal kicking he alone at the club is capable of.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He is a gun. No doubt about it.

Pity we don't have two Martins.

Btw is his contract up this year or next? Whenever it is he must be signed up to a multi year contract ASAP.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Smoking Aces said:
He is a gun. No doubt about it.

Pity we don't have two Martins.

Btw is his contract up this year or next? Whenever it is he must be signed up to a multi year contract ASAP.

Until the end of 2017 I believe.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
artball said:
last night at one point he had three Pies all over him - and he got pinged for "incorrect disposal". mmmm...

TBF he threw it because one of them had his armed pinned. Nearly beat three of them though.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
antman said:
TBF he threw it because one of them had his armed pinned. Nearly beat three of them though.

thanks Ant - must have had my Dusty coloured glasses on!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
tigerlove said:
One of the bananas was fair enough and he kicks them often. The other should have just kicked with his left. Other then that he was brilliant. I'd say Martin kept us in it, not cost us 4 points.

Was a gun for most of the game, but I don't agree with either of the 2 bananas he kicked. The one in the 3rd quarter we had 2 on 1 if he had handballed it over the top, the 1 in the 4th quarter he should have just used his left, even dribbled it through. Utlimately missed 2 opportunities where both should have been goals.

Apart from those though he was a deadset star, I can't help but watch in awe at the guys strength when he literally just swats guys off like they are stick insects. Man crush is well and truly triggered.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
mrposhman said:
Was a gun for most of the game, but I don't agree with either of the 2 bananas he kicked. The one in the 3rd quarter we had 2 on 1 if he had handballed it over the top, the 1 in the 4th quarter he should have just used his left, even dribbled it through. Utlimately missed 2 opportunities where both should have been goals.

Apart from those though he was a deadset star, I can't help but watch in awe at the guys strength when he literally just swats guys off like they are stick insects. Man crush is well and truly triggered.
Heard a caller on the radio last week suggest that players just grab his arm when he tries the don't argue and pull him to ground. The journo on the show (I think it was Connolly) laughed and said, 'Do you think no one's tried that?' He often uses the fend off to balance himself and push away. His strength is phenomenal.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
CarnTheTiges said:
Heard a caller on the radio last week suggest that players just grab his arm when he tries the don't argue and pull him to ground. The journo on the show (I think it was Connolly) laughed and said, 'Do you think no one's tried that?' He often uses the fend off to balance himself and push away. His strength is phenomenal.

Have seen him taken down a couple of times trying the don't argue. But only a couple.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Have seen him taken down a couple of times trying the don't argue. But only a couple.
I have too, once or twice. It's a fairly easy thing to say, but much much harder to actually put into practice. Especially when he's so damn good at it.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I can't remember who the opponent was with DM's first 'don't argue' last night, but he seemed to approach the task of tackling DM with the same trepidation as Tim Flannery taking on the shark. I could almost read his thoughts...... "oh no, he's going to do that thing to me"!!!

......a second or two later "I knew it, i knew he was going to do that thing to me"!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He's taken the don't argue to another level. the best don't arguer the game has ever seen. can't think of anyone who comes close.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
How many times already has he broken out of 3 tacklers at once. It's unbelievable really, never seen anything like it.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Achieved A grader status can demand what he wants $$$$ and no one at RFC should sook if he gets it

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Harry said:
He's taken the don't argue to another level. the best don't arguer the game has ever seen. can't think of anyone who comes close.
The club should really start producing t-shirts to capitalise on it. In hindsight we should have known what an absolute beast we had on our hands when he rag dolled Lumumba and Firrito in consecutive weeks in his first season as a teenager against older hardened, experienced opponents.