Dustin Martin

123kid

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
Unless he gets the team to line-up and hold a don’t argue pose for 1 minute before the match, he’ll already go down in history as a significantly better captain than Tex Walker.

St Kevin

Vlastuin 3:16
Apr 1, 2014
Gee he was good tonight. After a ropey start to the season, he's been brilliant the last 6 or so weeks. Led from the front in a makeshift midfield with little support. Proud of him.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Smoking Aces said:
Brilliant game. Could not have asked anymore from him.
Yep. If we had a full strength team, this man would be in contention for a 2nd Charlie I reckon.

amc11

Tiger Cub
Dec 7, 2018
The Big Richo said:
Playing alright for a bloke that only tried so he could get a fat contract and then gave up.

The temptation to drag up a few posts from this thread is high.
;D >:D ;D

It's incredible to be able to witness the ongoing growth from Dustin as he has matured into his superstar status. I loved seeing him get the opportunity to captain the club and perform so strongly and how perfect for channel 7 was the timing of the half-time segment! It's up on the club website now with an article:
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-06-14/dusty-leads-by-example

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
When Dusth plays well he is by far the most dynamic player in the comp.
No one is close, even Castagna

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
He's back at his best. Absolutely awesome game. The Captaincy sat well on him.
Sure is, and that intercept mark and goal showed it. Signs of him joining the leadership group in 2020.

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He seems to give the impression he is naturally a bit shy, seems to have gained confidence and I thought he was very good as captain. Good sign that the atmosphere at the club suits him. Another great performance too. And, we have a fair few more years of Dusty to look forward to. Would be great if he can be one of the leadership group, I reckon he would have a lot to offer.

DS

amc11

Tiger Cub
Dec 7, 2018
He seems to give the impression he is naturally a bit shy, seems to have gained confidence and I thought he was very good as captain. Good sign that the atmosphere at the club suits him. Another great performance too. And, we have a fair few more years of Dusty to look forward to. Would be great if he can be one of the leadership group, I reckon he would have a lot to offer.

DS
Another good performance against the Saints and one of the things I think already show with Dustin's leadership is his ability to bring others into the game. For such a top player he is incredibly selfless. I know there was a bit of discussion about kicking efficiency on the weekend and while some of it is warranted I was interested to hear what Phil Davis said during the last quarter after the kick to Chol who then passed to Stack for a set shot........( it may not be exactly word for word but it's close and yes I was procrastinating but really that 4th quarter is worth rewatching ;) )

Phil Davis - 'The thing for me today is with Dusty his kicking efficiency .. yeah is low but a lot of it is under pressure and duress and surging it forward while that precision kick then to Chol sets up this goal. He breaks the whole game open just by his ball use and he's done that multiple, multiple times today.'
After the goal and as part of the replay they show the kick from Martin to Chol and Davis adds ' It's just what I think separates him from you know in terms of through the middle of the ground, he's got penetration, he takes on a lot & sometimes he turns it over ......you know a brave player to go through there but also the ability to execute with such speed because anytime you go through the corridor that's a long kick the flight time is usually what kills you but he gets there faster than almost anybody else.'

Reactions: 1 user

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Cotchin is a wonderful leader with a proud record.I wonder if next year it is time for Dusty?