Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I hope we have the pleasure of seeing him play again very soon
I sent him a text last night after I saw the video, told him it was the first thing that had made me smile in days and reminisced a little about the time when he was preparing for the draft.

Not often I get much back but got a nice reply this morning. Fair to say our man is pissed off with losing footy, training hard and 'ready to play tomorrow' when it starts again.

The media have been chasing him hard for an interview. The response was he's not that bored - yet, so you may hear something from him if this goes on.

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I guess the AFL have been working on Dusty's Hall of Fame video highlights reel

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Vlastuin 3:16
Apr 1, 2014
BT calling him 'Mustin' during the 2017 QF against Geelong still makes me laugh.

Hard to believe he's only been All Australian 3 times. In the top 5 players in the history of our club imo.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I remember watching him play for Castlemaine as a 15 year old. I can still picture a day when he roved in the centre, gave a don't argue to his opponent, burst to 55m and kicked a goal.
I heard his castelmaine senior coach quote saying Dusty was 15 and playing seniors and the game plan was 'get it to dusty!'

TigerPort

Tiger Superstar
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I remember watching him play for Castlemaine as a 15 year old. I can still picture a day when he roved in the centre, gave a don't argue to his opponent, burst to 55m and kicked a goal.
Mate's son played with Dusty when he was living with his dad in Sydney. Mate rang me after watching him and said this guy is going to be something special. So his talent was clearly evident from early on.

Thank you Melbourne for not selecting at # 1 or even # 2 in that draft :clap2

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I heard his castelmaine senior coach quote saying Dusty was 15 and playing seniors and the game plan was 'get it to dusty!'
It was actually Jamie Elliott, who played with us for a short time during the nineties.

He actually rang the Bendigo Pioneers and abused them because they hadn't included Dustin in their side, they didn't really look outside Bendigo city limits at that stage. As a result he played the last few games that season and was on the list the following year.

theglove3

Tiger Superstar
Jun 3, 2003
Gee, big news by the Ch 7 boffins tonight.
They have footage of Aston training in isolation.
Slow news day, week, month, ???

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Gee, big news by the Ch 7 boffins tonight.
They have footage of Aston training in isolation.
Slow news day, week, month, ???
That's better then channel 9
Showing players dancing around and doing under 10 crap.
What's footy full of shiit going to have tonight?
A player farted under the 2 metre Corona zone??