Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Not really worthy of a response but to say that is a ridiculous post. It seems like the only way you can enjoy football is to come on and post trash when the side is losing, and I guess this is the substitute when they don't.

Sad.

Taking your word for it BR and assuming once again that the Ignore function is worthwhile

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The best thing about Dusty is his ability to out mark bigger bodied players.
He is the best RFC player ive seen over the last 50 year's

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He looked a bit puffed at times today, really sucking them in. Also looked a little off his best.

I reckon the ribs must still be hampering him.

In any case, he seems to time his season for finals, which must be a challenge this year, so a few average games while he gets right will not worry me. He's a star, he will be at his best when we need him and when he has had a bit more time to recover.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Injured or can’t be arsed? Dusty was walking next to contests and not tackling or chasing. Not a good look. Regardless of star status I thought these were the non negotiables at our club?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Injured or can’t be arsed? Dusty was walking next to contests and not tackling or chasing. Not a good look. Regardless of star status I thought these were the non negotiables at our club?

Injured or at least restricted by an injury

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm with @The Big Richo here, Fatty Martin is not going nearly as busted as reported. Equal second-most disposals for us, third-most metres gained on the ground behind the long-bombing backmen May and Balta, and a goal. After watching the replay, I gave him a vote. We judge him by his standards, which are pretty darn lofty, but as long as he's not making himself worse (unlikely) and is getting fitter (probably), of course he plays.

Reactions: 12 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
So many credits in my bank. Just love the guy. Playing hurt but still way better than most. Repeat: LOVE the guy. He is a Richmond immortal if he never got another kick in a game. Don't worry he'll be back when the whips are cracking as he ALWAYS has been.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I can't believe the criticism of Dusty, he has sore/busted ribs, but is still putting his body on the line, I dips me lid.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I'm with @The Big Richo here, Fatty Martin is not going nearly as busted as reported. Equal second-most disposals for us, third-most metres gained on the ground behind the long-bombing backmen May and Balta, and a goal. After watching the replay, I gave him a vote. We judge him by his standards, which are pretty darn lofty, but as long as he's not making himself worse (unlikely) and is getting fitter (probably), of course he plays.
No dont argues and no flashy bursts around 5 players (maybe he did 1 or 2 but not 10)

On reflection and from your post Spook he may be playing smart conservative. We are looking for the highlights while he has gone for the smart plays

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia

Imagine if he got the cheapies that Sidebottom or Pendles get? I would prefer the ball in Dusty's hands sure, but we are s better side the more he is involved.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

yep. a bad Dusty game is a good game for 85% of the players in the comp

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I said to my mate yesterday I reckon Dusty thinks I am the Big Game guy these days....and I say that in the most postive tone. What's the point of tearing Melbourbe a new one in around 5 when you want me to get you over the line in September.
He also appeared to have copped a big whack to the nose....

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Going to need him more now this next 4-5 weeks.

All the leaders remaining in the hub will need to step up....

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Doesn't he start slowly easing his way in every year. I swear we have this debate yearly and by round 7-8 he is smashing it

Last edited: