Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Disposal , normally a strength , has been a bit poor. ,keeps giving it to players under the pump

Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
He could have ripped it apart today, but did nothing at all. Strange one. Needs a reminder that for a million a year you need to do more than just finals.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
At the end of the 3rd he kicked the ball into the stands and reading his lips, he was not happy. I think he was frustrated about the flooding and *smile* style of football being played by almost all teams in 2020.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dusty handballed way too much, kicking is his go, much rather rather he kick the ball.

Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
At the end of the 3rd he kicked the ball into the stands and reading his lips, he was not happy. I think he was frustrated about the flooding and *smile* style of football being played by almost all teams in 2020.
I think he should also be frustrated with the standard of footy he is dishing up himself. Needs to lift and provide onfield leadership when we are down on talent through injuries.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
At quarter time yesterday I thought here we go he's lifted in the absence of other senior players..but not for the first time this year he then switched off into cruise control.:sleeping
It's definitely the elephant in the room. Is he injured still??

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
At quarter time yesterday I thought here we go he's lifted in the absence of other senior players..but not for the first time this year he then switched off into cruise control.:sleeping
It's definitely the elephant in the room. Is he injured still??
His ribs must be ok going by the bump he dished out when he gave away the 50 metre penalty.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
I wonder if Emma Murray not being around the club has effected Dustin and possibly others, I know how valued she was by the playing group and from what ive read Dusty was benefiting from meditation and Emma's methods.

Anyone know if Emma is still involved with RFC in any form and if not are there plans for her to return or at least work with individuals that wish to contract directly??

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can't be too bad.
Cotchin's Twitter account is full of videos with the girls playing with uncle Dusty.
He looks happy and relaxed.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Can't be too bad.
Cotchin's Twitter account is full of videos with the girls playing with uncle Dusty.
He looks happy and relaxed.
Queue media criticism for star football not taking football seriously and having the wrong attitude. Expect hard-hitting commentary from media heavy-weights Dermie, Lloyd, Barrett and Kane Cornes over the next 24 hours....

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Queue media criticism for star football not taking football seriously and having the wrong attitude. Expect hard-hitting commentary from media heavy-weights Dermie, Lloyd, Barrett and Kane Cornes over the next 24 hours....

I hope they do. Martin is someone who seems to love pressure, as proven by his record. But I don’t think Barrett will start anything this week as we have his Norf Sellthem.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Needs to be more selfish. If Dusty can get it outside 50 and take pot shots from there, that will move the parked bus further out leaving more space in our fwd 50.,

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm sure they are in contact, he spends a lot of time with her son.

As a long time watcher of Dustin and someone who knows him a little bit, if I had to pick one thing that is going on with his game it would be the lack of crowds.

I think his personality and playing style probably needs the boost the crowd gives to really bring out his best and he is really the only player I would say that about.

He's a big dog and needs a bit of scent in the air to get him really up for the hunt.

He was conspicuously intense inside 50 in the last quarter.

He really wanted it. He was like a raging bull for about 10 minutes. It was obvious he had shifted gear above the shoulders.

Ive got no dramas with him keeping the teeth on that gear nice and square for the last 4 games of the year

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I'm sure they are in contact, he spends a lot of time with her son.

As a long time watcher of Dustin and someone who knows him a little bit, if I had to pick one thing that is going on with his game it would be the lack of crowds.

I think his personality and playing style probably needs the boost the crowd gives to really bring out his best and he is really the only player I would say that about.

He's a big dog and needs a bit of scent in the air to get him really up for the hunt.
Hence why he wins Norm Smiths.

The bloke loves the big stage.

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
He was conspicuously intense inside 50 in the last quarter.

He really wanted it. He was like a raging bull for about 10 minutes. It was obvious he had shifted gear above the shoulders.

Ive got no dramas with him keeping the teeth on that gear nice and square for the last 4 games of the year

yeah, but it was not its normal self. By chance, i had watched the 2017 Grand Final just before the game and i saw him in full "Rage" mode. Sunday was more a "F*** this *smile*" approach. It was effort without thought or composure. "im gonna take this game by the throat". Some players can just "switch the switch" - but they rarely do it from a standing start and based on rage - its usually more elegant than that.

He seems incredibly frustrated and a bit disinterested in the whole season - a lot fo our blokes do. So am I, so i cant be too critical. The club has a unique culture as it puts people/life first - but still has succeeded. For any sporting team, its bloody rare. Can anyone else name a team whose long term success has not been built on arrogance and an almost unhealthy "Michael Jordan-esque" obsession? Its the beauty to our success - its completely unique and the most impressive part of our flags.

Its telling that Rance left due to him doubting his ability to be the best man he can be, while also being a successful player. Its rare to see elite players quit for that reason - but its a side effect of our culture overall.