Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What's been noticeable is that Dusty, this year, is often first into a contest scraping for the ball. There's no hanging back waiting to be the first receiver and blitzing it from there. Whether it's a team directive, or he's changed his game to where he will do whatever he thinks he needs to, I don't know. But what's certain is that Dusty in tight is as damaging as Dusty around the fringes.

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
What's been noticeable is that Dusty, this year, is often first into a contest scraping for the ball. There's no hanging back waiting to be the first receiver and blitzing it from there. Whether it's a team directive, or he's changed his game to where he will do whatever he thinks he needs to, I don't know. But what's certain is that Dusty in tight is as damaging as Dusty around the fringes.

Good observation
Be interesting to know the origin or reason for this apparent change i.e. from Dusty himself or whatever

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I reckon he's doing it because it needs to be done. He's a quiet leader, Dusty. Everyone says Vlastuin's the next captain. I'm not sure.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
All the so called experts say ‘put a tag on Martin’..but it’s his ability to be so impactful up forward that separates him from the rest. Thats what makes him such a difficult & dangerous match up & why the Leigh Matthews comparisons are made.
Must be a nightmare for oppo coaches to counter a weapon like Dusty.
How lucky are we to get to watch him play?

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I reckon he's doing it because it needs to be done. He's a quiet leader, Dusty. Everyone says Vlastuin's the next captain. I'm not sure.

These days a captain is required to do a lot more public stuff incl interviews
Can't really see Dusty being prepared to take on that side of things.

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
These days a captain is required to do a lot more public stuff incl interviews
Can't really see Dusty being prepared to take on that side of things.

Well one thing for sure - they'd all be short to the point interviews :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
The difference between all the contenders heading into the business end? We have D.Martin. No other player like him - especially on the big stage.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The difference between all the contenders heading into the business end? We have D.Martin. No other player like him - especially on the big stage.

I reckon we are double lucky, not only Dusty but we have castagna

• Haha

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Has added the swat out of the opposition mitts to his game. If there's a stat for that, he'd be easily leading it. Krak used to do it a bit.

Reactions: 3 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Dusty is the greatest tiger I have ever seen play, and I have been going for 40 years.

This year he has really improved his defensive efforts, it was the only part of his game that was not elite.

Reactions: 3 users