Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Would like to take another opportunity to thank the one and only Jordan McMahon.

That infamous goal after the siren helped ensure we slipped down to pick 3 to pick Dusty in the draft that year.

Scully and Trengrove have nothing on this champ, what a star!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Superman was in the building.

The last one just shrugging off Dangerfield was a statement.

We are watching a once in a lifetime footballer. The GOAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Dusty is the best player ever to play the game, and nothing will change my mind on that.

Reactions: 7 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Once and for all let’s stop these silly comparisons between Dusty and Diverfield.
Said to my bubble tiger, why does ANYONE even try to argue that anyone other than Dusty is the best playe in the game?
Only debate is the margin between him and the silver medalist.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Undoubtedly the best finals player of this era, probably all time. Left Dangerfield in his wake - literally. Absolute champion. Love that he tucks the Normie away too. Only cares about the premiership
I kept screaming wear the Normie...you deserve it, all your team mates want you to,

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Mark Fine on the Post game for Footyology, just said a funny story. Said early on Dusty was being shopped around and his dad said to Ralph Carr
that's OK we can get $800k per year.

Carr came back and said after trying St K and GWS, I think we better go back to Richmond.

Dusty's dad apparently said, that's OK. We can get 800k from them then. Carr said, "no, I didn't say that".
Dusty's dad replied "He'll get 800k a year, or you can make up the short fall yourself" and walked out of his office, leaving Ralph Carr shitting himself.

Dusty got up to go find out what his dad was up to, and found his dad outside the office pissing himself laughing.

No idea if it's true, but it's funny nonetheless.

• Haha

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Woohoo just arrived back at the hotel. Ecstatic.
Put down your glasses kids. The debate is OVER.
1. Martin
2. Hart
3.Bartlett
4. Dyer
5. Bourke

Reactions: 3 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Made Hodge & Voss look like chumps after the game. Suffer in ya jocks footy world!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
It was COVID time. Who wouldn't smoke cigars with George Burns, snifter cognac with Johnny Depp, Zoom bunnies with Ellen de Generes? Pass out on a polar bearskin before a curated fire?

Dustin Martin likes to give up a head start before dominating Normies.

He has to up his cigar intake next year. It's getting boring.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Most of us would have been thinking that we wanted somebody to job Clangerfield.

We were foiled by the gods and instructed when Dustin Martin made Paddy a battler.

Reactions: 5 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
My Danish wife watched this game. She's known me and my passion for the RFC for 31 years and despite that has never shown any real interest in footy.
The Grand Final normally starts at 6.30 am on a Saturday our time so she never watches it or any other game.
This one started at 10.30 and I was watching it on our "main" TV so she watched it too (I normally use the ipad or something).
Even her jaw dropped at that last Martin goal.

Reactions: 1 user

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
SUPER.............FREAK.

He's probably got another 4-5 years left in him at least.

Injuries aside, by the end of his career, got no doubt he will go down as the GOAT.

WHAT A PLAYER!