Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
All of our Grand Final victories have a memorable moment.

Some may hold their own views but for mine..

2017 was Towner's bone crunching tackle on Crouch.

2019 was Marlion's mesmerising blind turn.

2020 was Dusty's absolutely freakish last goal.

That goal will be immortalised like Bartlett's on Magro.

agree, but I reckon the real moments of 2020 were

1. Cotchin busting Abletts shoulder

2. Dustys goal at 21 points down.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
agree, but I reckon the real moments of 2020 were

1. Cotchin busting Abletts shoulder

2. Dustys goal at 21 points down.
Dangerflog missing his first free kick in front of goal was a big moment in itself.

Dusty's goal on Half Time was Monumental gave us momentum and had them revisiting the 2019 Prelim during the break.

The second half followed the script of 2019 that had already been acted out.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
All of our Grand Final victories have a memorable moment.

Some may hold their own views but for mine..

2017 was Towner's bone crunching tackle on Crouch.

2019 was Marlion's mesmerising blind turn.

2020 was Dusty's absolutely freakish last goal.

That goal will be immortalised like Bartlett's on Magro.
I’d like to add Cotch’s piledriving tackle on Mumford into the 2019 memorable moments.
For me 2020 is Dusty’s goal when we were 21 points down. You could just see it lift our entire team and the Cats deflated a bit. His last goal was possibly the best I’ve ever seen, but the game was won by then and it was play time for Dusty.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I’d like to add Cotch’s piledriving tackle on Mumford into the 2019 memorable moments.
For me 2020 is Dusty’s goal when we were 21 points down. You could just see it lift our entire team and the Cats deflated a bit. His last goal was possibly the best I’ve ever seen, but the game was won by then and it was play time for Dusty.
No doubt. BTW as I said those moments I mentioned are the most memorable rather than the most crucial.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Dusty is astounding. Can't comment on Jack Dyer, but I do think KB probably shades him at the moment with 5 flags and great performances in finals. I think you would need to put Dusty on a par with Royce Hart.

To say this is elite company is an understatement.

He has the time to reach Bartlett and also Bartlett played over 400 games so comparing on the basis of opportunity, given Bartlett had more opportunity playing for so long, Dusty can very easily be rated as on par. If Martin continues like this then I reckon he will go past Bartlett.

Very different players but both could turn a game, we are so lucky to have had both play for us.

DS
Recall two of those Tigers were named in best 21 players of the first hundred years of VFL. And the third St Francis. Dusty would be first picked in the team of the next century.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
A little blast from the past.

Dermott Brereton tells Richmond's Dustin Martin to take the money

Take the cash while you can. That's the message to Tiger tyro Dustin Martin from Hawks legend Dermott Brereton.

The Herald Sun reported earlier this week that Martin was poised to get a $2.4 million offer from the new Greater Western Sydney team just eight games into his AFL career.

The maturity shown in those games has him already earmarked as a future Richmond leader.

Brereton said this morning he should pounce on the offer while his value was so high.

"I'm looking at him from an outsider's perspective and thinking he's going to turn into a waddler," Brereton said on radio station SEN.

"He might still be a very good player, but he'll have to be a very good inside player."

"His currency right now, in relative terms to the market, is as good as it's ever going to be."

28/5/2010

Pocketed over $1.3m in 2019 alone. And earned every cent.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
A little blast from the past.

Dermott Brereton tells Richmond's Dustin Martin to take the money

Take the cash while you can. That's the message to Tiger tyro Dustin Martin from Hawks legend Dermott Brereton.

The Herald Sun reported earlier this week that Martin was poised to get a $2.4 million offer from the new Greater Western Sydney team just eight games into his AFL career.

The maturity shown in those games has him already earmarked as a future Richmond leader.

Brereton said this morning he should pounce on the offer while his value was so high.

"I'm looking at him from an outsider's perspective and thinking he's going to turn into a waddler," Brereton said on radio station SEN.

"He might still be a very good player, but he'll have to be a very good inside player."

"His currency right now, in relative terms to the market, is as good as it's ever going to be."

28/5/2010

Pocketed over $1.3m in 2019 alone. And earned every cent.
he is actually a pretty nice guy dermie away from the media ,

But jezz he can talk some dribble if you give him a mike

Reactions: 3 users