Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Having watched that 4th goal about 74,000 times now, one of the random thoughts that popped into my head was how ridiculous it would be to do motorbike hands, or a bow and arrow after something like that.

You can't fabricate greatness.

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
There’s a poster on the roar who has the answer: tackle Dusty. He somehow seems not to realise that if it was truly that simple it would have been done. I bet Chris Scott read that and was face palming himself, thinking why didn’t I just tell them to tackle Dusty? Bwahahaha!
David King will go anywhere for an audience on his theories to stop Dusty

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Now now boys. Poor old Stanley will feature in greatest goals of the 2000s clips for the next 20 years. And not in a good way.
Yep, not often a bloke *smile* up twice in 10 seconds in the same passage of play.
First drops a simple uncontested mark, then gives the ball to Dusty.

Reactions: 5 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
on the topic of Stanley - when Dusty pinged that goal , the goon was claiming touched .. :rolleyes:

So did Menegola when Bolton took the mark in the pocket in the 3rd Quarter and subsequently passed it to Lambert for a goal.

Bunch of whingeing, moaning, staging players.

They will try anything to get a free kick. Lucky the umpires didnt fall for it.

Reactions: 7 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Superstar
Apr 20, 2004
So did Menegola when Bolton took the mark in the pocket in the 3rd Quarter and subsequently passed it to Lambert for a goal.

Yep. Menegola was too busy whinging to the ump instead of manning the mark. Hodge noticed it as well.

Reactions: 4 users

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
Current bid on his GF jumper is 30k. Probably not a bad investment...unless he wins a fourth Normie.
I suspect it will end up going for $50k plus once the pointy end of the bidding comes around - having bid on a few in the past the heavy weights don’t enter until the 11th hour. I am not one of the heavy weights, have tried going toe to toe on a few and have walked away with my tail between my legs.

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne

Glad someone else bought this up. Gives me the shits watching the constant complaining. Where’s the outrage like when Vlastuin did it a few weeks earlier?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I reckon we need to do something special to recognise Dusty when the flags are unfurled. I'm thinking a standing ovation chant "Normie, Dusty" or something similar. We have been robbed of our chance to show our adoration. But we will never forget the day in Queensland when the great man willed us over the line in one of our greatest victories.

So glad he knocked back the big bucks to be with his Tigers.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Which is the biggest draft error?
1. Tambling before Franklin
2. Fiora before Pavlich
3. Scully/Trengove before Dusty

A true sliding doors moment
Thankyou Melbourne FC

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
So glad he knocked back the big bucks to be with his Tigers.

Where is the Parrot

"IF his manager really did convince Dusty to knock back millions to stay at the Tigers in 2017......."

"then it is clearly the smartest thing to ever happen under Ralphies terrible toupee. The train doesn't leave the station for a few years yet and already it carries 4 All-Australian Guernseys, 3 premiership medallions and Norm Smith's, two Jack Dyers, and Brownlow. Worth a lot, but he could quadruple it if he talked to the media, and I still think the Cats will win."

• Haha

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
I was disappointed with myself with Dusty's last goal, when Jack kicked the last goal I was texting other Tiger fans we've won our 13th etc.. that I totally missed his freak goal, shame on me. Shame on Bruce for his pathetic commentary of it, it deserved what Gerard gave it on SEN. Have watched the replay many times now, and will never get tired of it, watching him shrug of Diverfield with his hips was bliss, with Diverfield sprawled on the ground. Probably the most defining moment in Dusty's career.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

123kid

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
I don’t understand why they didn’t go with the Mathew Lloyd’s tactic. Just yell who is going to go onto Martin really loudly to make sure everyone is clear who was playing on him.
game over

Danger - “Stanley, you‘ve got him!”
Stanley - “Nah you’ve got him! I dropped the mark”
Danger - “Okay, I’ve got h—- oh *smile* he already kicked it”