Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
The longer players like Stanley, Rohan and Dalhouse play, our success will continue.
Stanley has always been a very average footballer
These are players that can cost you games, I think Ellis was the player we had that could do the same, with a soft play, or a massive brain fade.

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
I also thought it was end of ‘24. Far too much to expect of a ‘sports journalist’ to do some actual research and get a fact right.
If you've ever seen Phil Rothfield on NRL 360.... he makes Robbo look like a teetotaller!

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
These are players that can cost you games, I think Ellis was the player we had that could do the same, with a soft play, or a massive brain fade.
The only players i can think of would be Griffens, Elton, Gordon, Stengle, Brendan Bower and Clinton King

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Ralph was quoted saying two years. You'd think he'd remember how long his biggest client has left on his contract.
Either Ralph or the journo were 3 sheets to the wind when they had the conversation or more likely the journo made it up, because the contract does not end until end of 2024.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
:cupgold :cupgold :cupgold :cupgold :cupgold

It's an interesting prospect. The one thing he has never done is be super fit.

Yes, he works exceptionally hard and is in elite condition but there's always been an element of ying and yang in his lifestyle which prevents getting to the really upper echelon aerobically.

He's just about at the end of the line for peak physicality so it would be great to see him explore that while he can. It also wouldn't do his hopes of longevity any harm to try and play a bit lighter from this stage on. The odds are against him going on past his early 30s at the mid 90s he has been getting around at for the past couple of years.

As for the Sydney stuff, it wouldn't surprise me. Life is pretty hard for him in Melbourne.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Either Ralph or the journo were 3 sheets to the wind when they had the conversation or more likely the journo made it up, because the contract does not end until end of 2024.
Let me guess. The AFL would give us a 3 rd draft pick for Martin

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Regarding Dusty’s contract length, maybe there are clauses in it we don’t know about? Possibly player driven early release?

Carr would know Dusty’s contract inside out, so he is clearly playing games here.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It was widely reported and acknowledged that he signed a 7 year contract at the end of 2017. That would mean it expires at end of 2024 season. Unless there is something in the contract that Carr and the club is not telling us?

Anyway worry about it if it gets to that stage. But that’d be just like Sydney; offering a huge contract to a bloke well into his 30s. Ridiculous even if he is one of the best of all time. Superficial club from a superficial city.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
In the sense that he always gets noticed/stopped on the street and that sort of stuff?

Yeah, he can't go anywhere without attention and he doesn't enjoy it so he avoids doing it. Someone like Warne would just pop into a supermarket around the corner because he thrives on the attention but someone like Dustin chooses an apartment in a building that is predominantly asian residents because they have no interest in him.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What would a contracted Dusty be worth in 2yrs time?
Plenty.
31 y.o. Another flag or two n perhaps another Normie n the Dusty one would still be worth a couple of early first rounders for a team trying to find some ongoing relevance in Sydaknee.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
My view - press will beat this up to try and distabilise the Tigers like every other time they come out with this type of crap. Surely at least one of them can add 2017 plus 7 and then ask some relevant questions re contracts etc.

Reactions: 1 user