Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Proud of the club for prioritising player wellbeing above all else.

It‘s the right call.

What’s the risk? It’s fairly easy to predict a border closure the day or two before it happens, and if he does get stuck, it just means 14 days of quarantine and then he’s back.

It’s a miniscule risk of missing 1-2 matches in May.

Who cares?

Reactions: 1 user

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Proud of the club for prioritising player wellbeing above all else.

It‘s the right call.

What’s the risk? It’s fairly easy to predict a border closure the day or two before it happens, and if he does get stuck, it just means 14 days of quarantine and then he’s back.

It’s a miniscule risk of missing 1-2 matches in May.

Who cares?
And the fact it reeks of Richmond’s esteemed culture, and what arguably, has landed us 3 flags in 4 years.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
At times on the field lately Dusty to me has looked somewhat disinterested in how he is earning a quid.. Would not surprise me one iota if he did a Rance & took early retirement.
I have Dusty with 3 BOG and 9 Brownlow votes in 6 games, a foot injury hampering him a little of late, put in his biggest pre-season and manager talking up that he could play beyond his next contract.

All this adds up to an assessment of early retirement?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He is built for real games, games that matter not round 5 games.
He will be ok. He will go and sit with his dad and get that part of not seeing his dad in such a long time off his chest and he will be back ready to go.
Rance did something that made him walk away.
Can't compare the 2
If you were a real Richmond supporter, you would immediately cease with this inuendo and *smile* gossip that Rance did something wrong and left Richmond in disgrace.
Unless you have irrefutable evidence to prove your constant dribble about Rance, please stop perpetuating this rubbish.
You’re contributing to tarnish Rance’s glorious contribution to the RFC.

Reactions: 14 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I've just had a holiday seeing family after a long period of not. It certainly recharges the batteries.
Expect Dusty to come back better than ever after giving his old man long overdue a hug.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If you were a real Richmond supporter, you would immediately cease with this inuendo and *smile* gossip that Rance did something wrong and left Richmond in disgrace.
Unless you have irrefutable evidence to prove your constant dribble about Rance, please stop perpetuating this rubbish.
You’re contributing to tarnish Rance’s glorious contribution to the RFC.
No he just retired 2 weeks after list lodgement without any real reason.
Yeah right.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I've just had a holiday seeing family after a long period of not. It certainly recharges the batteries.
Expect Dusty to come back better than ever after giving his old man long overdue a hug.
Yep. Feel the same when I visit my in-laws.
...not.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
No he just retired 2 weeks after list lodgement without any real reason.
Yeah right.
All I know is that he was still recuperating from a severe knee injury, and his marriage broke down. So he had very personal reasons to wind up his career. His life; his business; his choice.

But you really have no reason to denigrate one of the all-time great AFL players and a RFC club legend, who saved/won so many games for us through his sheer courage and incredible abilities. Best defender I have ever seen or likely to, and an incredible team man.

It's just unacceptable for you to keep on casting aspersions. IF he DID do something; still does not detract much from all he contributed over his distinguished career IMHO.

Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
All I know is that he was still recuperating from a severe knee injury, and his marriage broke down. So he had very personal reasons to wind up his career. His life; his business; his choice.

But you really have no reason to denigrate one of the all-time great AFL players and a RFC club legend, who saved/won so many games for us through his sheer courage and incredible abilities. Best defender I have ever seen or likely to, and an incredible team man.

It's just unacceptable for you to keep on casting aspersions. IF he DID do something; still does not detract much from all he contributed over his distinguished career IMHO.
ok now go to bed.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach